Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Short ram air on 4cyl help??

Old 04-26-2010, 03:16 PM   #1
StormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ron
StormTrooper's Tacoma Gallery
Short ram air on 4cyl help??

http://www.ilovebodykits.com/product...ta_Tacoma.html

People say this will fit... but doesnt have a spot to put the air sensor.. any advice people? i know i wont get a huge gain, and im fine with that.. i would also like the look of this more than that huge block filter.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:18 PM   #2
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
so if it doesnt have a place for the MAF sensor...what are you gonna do and why look into it anymore? are you going to fab a bracket yourself to mount it to the tubing?
Old 04-26-2010, 03:19 PM   #4
StormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
so if it doesnt have a place for the MAF sensor...what are you gonna do and why look into it anymore? are you going to fab a bracket yourself to mount it to the tubing?
well if the place sells it, surely theres a way to get it on there.... right? maybe? idk
Old 04-26-2010, 03:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cars0n` View Post
like this one

Old 04-26-2010, 03:24 PM   #9
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
nope..its a straight pipe..

ours needs almost a 90 degree bend to go over top of our engine to where the filter would sit.
Thats an easy fix man, 90 silicone coupler...
Old 04-26-2010, 03:42 PM   #13
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
no im just saying thats what it looks like. i got mine for cheaper but i forget how much. mines an AFE tho

How do you like the AFE?
Old 04-26-2010, 03:46 PM   #14
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
They don't make one for the Tacoma according to their web site

http://bomzracing.com/toyota.aspx
Old 04-26-2010, 03:49 PM   #15
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
And I would be a little leery of the one listed (first post) as it spans two different generations and three different motors according to the date span.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:34 PM   #16
Cars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carson
Cars0n`'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Cars0n`
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
They don't make one for the Tacoma according to their web site

http://bomzracing.com/toyota.aspx
lies!!! i have one on my truck ill find a link for ya

edit: i thought u meant AFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbah57 View Post
How do you like the AFE?
i like it. some say it adds some say it robs HP, but i think it may add a little and has a nice loud throaty sound. its loud enough where you don't really need an exhaust. i was surprised.

http://afepower.com/shop/details_new...07&&brandID=53
exact one i have.