Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Any of you ordered from URD?

Old 04-27-2010, 07:09 AM   #1
Mayday
mmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Veteran
Name: Mike
mmadej87's Tacoma Gallery
Any of you ordered from URD?

On April 7, i ordered a AFE CAI with the Pro Dry S filter, the next day i received an order confirmation email, the shipping method i had chosen was FedEx 4 day shipping (cheapest one avail)

I then received another email on April 12th (putting the count at 4 shipping days) saying "Our stocking order has not arrived so I have asked aFe to ship that item directly to you to save time" in the same email says "Your order has been updated to the following status. New status: Shipped"

So on April 13 i call URD to see exactly what this means, all he did was forward my shipment to AFE and the "shipped" means that he just updated in his computer that it was shipped, but was only sent to AFE" He also said that it usually takes AFE 4 days to send out the item and since its shipping from cali to south FL it will probably take about 5 days shipping.

It is now April 27 (count now at 16 shipping days). Has anybody else had this problem ordering from URD? i have thought about giving it till this Wednesday and if nothing, then i thought of canceling my order, and ordering from somewhere else (eBay)

Any suggestions? Advice?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 04-27-2010, 07:25 AM   #2
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
If they're having it shipped from AFE, they may just be backordered. Ordering from someone else may not turn out to be any faster. I've heard of other folks having shipping issues with URD, but I personally have not. I don't know for sure, but the issues usually seem to be with the supplier/manufacturer and not so much with URD. That is, unless URD doesn't keep a large amount of inventory which seems like a common practice with companies right now because of the economy.

FWIW, I think URD is a good company and for most people contacting them directly about problems seems to help.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:26 AM   #3
docbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

docbrown's Tacoma Gallery
Not my experience at all. My items shipped quickly and worked exactly as advertised. Call them and ask if they can help you track down your order and I bet they will get things straightened out for you.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:36 AM   #4
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
^^^

x2
Old 04-27-2010, 07:41 AM   #5
Btwo is on a distinguished road

Btwo's Tacoma Gallery
I had a similar situation with an exhaust system. I got a very good deal on it, but the penalty was 5-day shipment turned into 20 days due to lack of inventory from the web site store warehouse. I had to wait for the manufacture to ship it direct to me. None the less after a few phone calls and apologies from the company I ordered it from. I'm happy, lucky I was in no rush for the parts
Old 04-27-2010, 08:02 AM   #6
Mayday
mmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thanks for the helpful info, im gonna give it till wednesday still and if nothing then ill call and see whats up and if he can find out whats holding up AFE.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:11 AM   #7
small /= slow
newengland is on a distinguished road
newengland's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to newengland
Same here. If URD has it in stock, it ships out wicked fast. The only issue is if Gadget has to send the order straight to the manufacturer. For some reason, that always makes the wait much, much longer.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:28 AM   #8
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered the same intake and a maf. Cal. And mine arrived when it was suppose to. It's always good to check with G and ask him if he has the parts in stock. Otherwise they get drop shipped and that can end up taking a little longer than expected.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:54 PM   #9
Mayday

well turns out i spoke too soon, fedex tried to deliver today, left a note on my door, going to call tomorrow to see if i can just pick it up. woowoo! finally!!
Old 04-27-2010, 09:44 PM   #10
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmadej87 View Post
well turns out i spoke too soon, fedex tried to deliver today, left a note on my door, going to call tomorrow to see if i can just pick it up. woowoo! finally!!
^ all this drama for nothing...
Old 04-28-2010, 06:26 AM   #11
Mayday

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh2000 View Post
^ all this drama for nothing...
lol i know, i was getting worried though! i have this bad habit of wanting everything right away...lol, im sure im not the only one with this itch
Old 04-29-2010, 06:06 PM   #12
Mayday

Hahaha it actually turned out to be a gift a family member sent out, spoke with Gadget today on the phone, he said to email him and he will handle it tomorrow morning for me :-) drama wasn't for nothing, lol