Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

So now comes performance mods.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:06 AM   #1
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
So now comes performance mods.

Ok I've made a list:
  • TRD/URD Supercharger
  • URD TCAI or TRD CAI
  • Doug Thorley Headers
  • URD MAF Calibrator or a .......Unichip( )
What else?
Old 04-27-2010, 11:14 AM   #2
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
Ok I've made a list:
  • TRD/URD Supercharger
  • URD TCAI or TRD CAI
  • Doug Thorley Headers
  • URD MAF Calibrator or a .......Unichip( )
What else?
My kinda thread No more long travel???

TRD Supercharger
TRD Cat-Back Exhaust
APR X-1 ECU Controller
APR Exhaust Timing Gears
APR 2.7" S/C Pulley
APR 670cc Primary Injectors
APR 7th Injector
K&N CAI w/True Flow Filter
Denso IKH22 Iridium Plugs
Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers

Unichips are gay.

You'll be going really really fast.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:18 AM   #4
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Or if you go URD...

URD MKII, Stage III Supercharger
URD 255 LPH Fuel Pump/Filter Upgrade
URD Rear O2 Simulator
URD Competition Y Pipe
URD 3" Cat-Back Performance Exhaust
APR X-1

Probably should do the OEM TRD Oil Cooler too whichever way you go.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:18 AM   #5
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumNutz View Post

TRD Supercharger
TRD Cat-Back Exhaust
APR X-1 ECU Controller
APR Exhaust Timing Gears
APR 2.7" S/C Pulley
APR 7th Injector

Unichips are gay.

I'll probably get a URD MAF Calibrator. Well I've figured it out. My truck is going to be the towing truck and Performance........I maybe getting a 2002 Tundra V8 2WD sometime during the summer. IF everything goes right.

The TRD SC kit already comes with Iridium plugs.... And I will be getting new pulleys. APR ECU Controller sound awesome!! Link?
Old 04-27-2010, 11:23 AM   #6
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Get a muscle car. They're engineered ground up for zoom. Even if you get the 4.0 pumping power, the suspension/drivetrain of the taco isn't best for the kind of driving you want to do with that kind of power.

Get the right tool for the job. Trucks are for 4WD crawling, muscle cars and roadsters are for taking curves at 90.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:23 AM   #7
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
The TRD SC kit already comes with Iridium plugs.... And I will be getting new pulleys. APR ECU Controller sound awesome!! Link?
It's the APR X-1. Basically a racing ECU. Removes factory rev limiter, A/F Ratios are fully tunable, etc. Expensive as all hell though.

http://www.urdusa.com/product_info.p...9ltbobdvcio2a6
Old 04-27-2010, 11:24 AM   #8
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
+1 on unichips being gay. Much rather you spend the money on a APR X-1
Old 04-27-2010, 11:28 AM   #9
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Get a muscle car. They're engineered ground up for zoom. Even if you get the 4.0 pumping power, the suspension/drivetrain of the taco isn't best for the kind of driving you want to do with that kind of power.

Get the right tool for the job. Trucks are for 4WD crawling, muscle cars and roadsters are for taking curves at 90.
I agree completely but he said that the taco was going to become a towing vehicle.

Lents - Don't do anything more than a Cat-back exhaust, CAI, supercharger for what you are doing. There really isn't any need. Get the TRD supercharger and a reflash from the dealer. If it's not gonna be a racer you are just looking for the torque numbers to go up basically.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:20 PM   #10
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumNutz View Post

TRD Supercharger
TRD Cat-Back Exhaust
APR X-1 ECU Controller
APR Exhaust Timing Gears
APR 2.7" S/C Pulley
APR 7th Injector

Unichips are gay.

Wow great minds think alike:
  • TRD Supercharger
    TRD Cat-Back Exhaust (Im going with Banks to open er up some more)
    APR X-1 ECU Controller (Done)
    APR Exhaust Timing Gears (Done)
    APR 2.7" S/C Pulley
    APR 688cc Primary Injectors
    APR 7th Injector
    K&N CAI w/True Flow Filter (Going with AFE SI CAI) Same as TRD with added feature
    Denso IKH22 Iridium Plugs (Comes w/SC Fit kit)
    Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers (They have new bigger better version for F/I folks)

To the OP, if you are looking for more towing power you must go with TRD. URD is designed for more top end HP. TRD will give you the extra HP + tourqe that you are looking for.

And, if you are looking to tune, MAF Cali is good. But you will feel a world of difference with the X1.. UNICHIP is worthless.

Laters and good luck with your build.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:23 PM   #11
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Bingo! That's why I have a corvette.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:31 AM   #12
small /= slow
newengland is on a distinguished road
newengland's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to newengland
Idk, Where I am now in y life I'd rather spend $5k making my truck more fun than $20k - $30k - $40k on a sports car.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:38 AM   #13
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by newengland View Post
Idk, Where I am now in y life I'd rather spend $5k making my truck more fun than $20k - $30k - $40k on a sports car.

Half-assed. Mama always said do it right or don't bother.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:40 AM   #14
If you ain't stuck, You ain't tryin hard enough.
blackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
blackwatertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

x2...Get an old Mustang, Camero (--suck), Mopar somthing else to beef up. That's what I did.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:45 AM   #15
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
What do you need to tow Lents?
Old 04-28-2010, 10:59 AM   #16
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Finally some reasonable upgrades. The superchargers are just soo much fun do it Lents you won't regre it
Old 04-28-2010, 08:26 PM   #17
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337Taco View Post
What do you need to tow Lents?
A second truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
Finally some reasonable upgrades. The superchargers are just soo much fun do it Lents you won't regre it
Yes sir! I want to do it so bad, but when I have enough money, I usually spend it on something else
Old 04-28-2010, 08:29 PM   #18
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Nooo save for this its so fun, Ill make some videos and show you sometime. Sooo fast and for 100 bucks after you get the SC you can get the pulley kit for another 2 psi
Old 04-28-2010, 08:33 PM   #19
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
BTW here's the Flowmaster 10 series on my truck!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqgC9GsEAdQ
Old 04-28-2010, 08:34 PM   #20
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
Nooo save for this its so fun, Ill make some videos and show you sometime. Sooo fast and for 100 bucks after you get the SC you can get the pulley kit for another 2 psi
Please do Trey. That will make me want it even more, haha. Commited to get it