TRD Cat-Back Exhaust system

Old 04-28-2010, 01:21 AM   #1
charliedelta
charliedelta is on a distinguished road
Air Force: 1722 CCS  McChord AFB, WA
Name: Don
charliedelta's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Cat-Back Exhaust system

Is this exhaust system a good investment? I'm thinking about buying one. I heard a recording of the system installed on a Tacoma but I couldn't tell much by listening because the recording is very short. It didn't sound much different than what's already on the truck. I went to a couple of Toyota dealers and they didn't have it on any Tacomas on the lot. It's expensive so that's why I'm asking the question. Any insight would be appreciated.

Mike
Old 04-28-2010, 01:28 AM   #2
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
Paired with the TRD CAI it sounds great.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:45 AM   #3
charliedelta
charliedelta is on a distinguished road
Air Force: 1722 CCS  McChord AFB, WA
Name: Don
charliedelta's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sorry but what is a TRD CAI?

Mike
Old 04-29-2010, 03:46 PM   #4
carsalesguy is on a distinguished road
Name: Paul
carsalesguy's Tacoma Gallery
i have both the TRD CAI and the exhaust........WTH is your dealer charging for the exhaust system? I can sell 'em for $400 + shipping.....

BTW mine is a 2010 TRD Sport DC
Old 04-29-2010, 04:05 PM   #5
wilsonpj is a jewel in the roughwilsonpj is a jewel in the roughwilsonpj is a jewel in the rough
Name: Pete
wilsonpj's Tacoma Gallery
Hey check out this tread for good deals on cat back exhausts and intakes.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...w-trd-cai.html

Let me know if you have any questions, I have both.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:08 PM   #6
eschonle is a jewel in the rougheschonle is a jewel in the rougheschonle is a jewel in the rough

Name: eric
eschonle's Tacoma Gallery
i have one on my truck, a 2006 Access Cab SR5 and I love the it. I dunno if it was my imagination but it seems a bit quicker on the pedal in the lower ranges. Since it is TRD it won't sound super aggressive, but more "tuner" sounding. still it's nice. On long road trips the constant drone at 2.2k rmp can get a bit annoying though.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:30 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSteel View Post
I love my TRD CAI and TRD Exhaust they compliment the Tacoma perfect. The TRD Exhaust has a nice throaty sound when you give it some gas and it wont disturb the neighbors like a set of flowmasters.

This. At idle and low RPMs it's almost as quiet as stock...when you romp it, you will get the attention of whoever you're passing...
Old 04-29-2010, 08:41 PM   #9
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
just put one on mine,has a deep growl
Old 04-29-2010, 09:28 PM   #10
-Empty-
KaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Aaron
KaoskrewPB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonpj View Post
Hey check out this tread for good deals on cat back exhausts and intakes.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...w-trd-cai.html

Let me know if you have any questions, I have both.

Check out this thread before you buy from there

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/ven...ml#post1709361