1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

exhaust help?!

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by Nitronick, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Apr 29, 2010 at 10:36 PM
    Nitronick

Nitronick [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Oregon City, OR
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma sr5 v6 3.4
    So im really looking into a new muffler for my tacoma. its a 98 3.4 v6. What i want out of it is, better sound that stock(obviously) more of a burrly sound, increase response and power. And i really want to be able to fabricate dual exhaust for it, so would i get one with dual outs or just a single and then fab it up to split into 2? what would be the difference doing it one way or the other?

Also if i did fab up dual exhaust would i use the same thickness of metal that is used for the muffler? which is usally 16 gauge?

2. Apr 30, 2010 at 5:22 AM
    bb609

bb609 O.F.

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD Sport Access Cab
    FOX 2 1/2" CO's STOCK UCA's - They used to be Icons! Icons suck!!! TSB Rear w/Bilstein 5100's - Air Lift System - Leer 550 Bedcover - Ventshades - Yota Bed Mat - Sheepskins!!! - Weathertechs
    Can't speak from experience but general knowledge as I know it, duals on a 3.4 motor will lose power due to loss of back pressure. I had a single Gibson on mine with TRD headers and loved it!...great sound with a bit of added power.

Products Discussed in

To Top