Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Do I need to jack up truck to remove exhaust?

Old 05-05-2010, 07:05 AM   #1
Submarinesailor is on a distinguished road
Navy: US Navy Silent Service
Submarinesailor's Tacoma Gallery
Do I need to jack up truck to remove exhaust?

Hello! Getting ready to install a Flowmaster catback kit on my 2010 Access cab. Can the exhaust be removed without jacking/ramps?
Thanks!
Old 05-05-2010, 07:11 AM   #2
I come from a long line of Conga dancers.
Natetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to all

Name: Nate
Natetroknot's Tacoma Gallery
You'll find it beneficial to put a jack under the passenger side frame to free up space between the rear axle and underside of the bed. Leave the tires on the ground.

Your cat back system is probably in 3 sections, so install shouldn't be an issue either way.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:13 AM   #3
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
I backed up on some ramps, made it much much easier, especially if it's like the TRD and is one welded piece.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:19 AM   #4
Thank you! Awesome response
Old 05-05-2010, 08:36 AM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
I did mine without jacking the truck up. Had plenty of room to work. Mine was a 3-piece magnaflow.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:43 AM   #6
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
did not jack up the truck
Old 05-05-2010, 08:59 AM   #8
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't jack mine up, but rolling it up on ramps like previously mentioned will help you out a lot...
Old 05-05-2010, 10:16 AM   #9
I've decided to spring for a powerbuilt jack/stand combo ($40) to make the job easier. I'm sure it'll come in handy later anyhow. Thanks all for your responses!
Old 05-05-2010, 10:19 AM   #10
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submarinesailor View Post
I've decided to spring for a powerbuilt jack/stand combo ($40) to make the job easier. I'm sure it'll come in handy later anyhow. Thanks all for your responses!
Cool, good luck!
Old 05-05-2010, 12:33 PM   #12
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
I took mine off and installed my catback dual exhaust without jacking the truck up.