Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Techron Fuel tank cleaner

Old 05-05-2010, 09:19 AM   #1
xSpyderguyx has a spectacular aura aboutxSpyderguyx has a spectacular aura aboutxSpyderguyx has a spectacular aura about

Name: Caleb
xSpyderguyx's Tacoma Gallery
Techron Fuel tank cleaner

I browsed some online shops last night just to find Techron. It comes in 12 and 20 gallon amounts. But my tank is 16.

So should I just buy the 12 gallon tank bottle and just put in like 12-13 gallons.

One more thing (Man i ask TW everything!) Should I use chevron techron gas or just any ol gas?

Thanks guys, you are all a huge help.
Even Cmack
Old 05-05-2010, 09:40 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSpyderguyx View Post
I browsed some online shops last night just to find Techron. It comes in 12 and 20 gallon amounts. But my tank is 16.

So should I just buy the 12 gallon tank bottle and just put in like 12-13 gallons.

One more thing (Man i ask TW everything!) Should I use chevron techron gas or just any ol gas?

Thanks guys, you are all a huge help.
Even Cmack

You are supposed to mix the fuel tank cleaner with regular gas, not fill the whole tank with the cleaner. A bottle like this one is good for one tank of gas.

http://www.autobarn.net/ch67740t.html?site=google_base
Old 05-05-2010, 09:41 AM   #3
When I grow up I want to be just like Me
BRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BRP27's Tacoma Gallery
I buy the big bottle, a little extra is not going to hurt your truck. I like the Chevron gas because it has Techron in it but I will fill up almost anywhere.

If you have a problem with your injectors 3M makes a kit that you disconnect the fuel line and run it off the 3M bottle and it is reported to really clean up the injectors. Some of the shops and oil change places offer the 3M flush for a fee.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:49 AM   #4
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
I use the larger size bottle every so often. Since owning my truck 3 years ago I've only used Chevron gas. The truck runs great on regular and when towing the boat I treat it to a fill-up of the higher octane.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:02 PM   #6
Insert nonsense here
rmerchant3 has a spectacular aura aboutrmerchant3 has a spectacular aura aboutrmerchant3 has a spectacular aura about

rmerchant3's Tacoma Gallery
Just use the small one like you said...when you get down between 10 and 15 gallons. Then run it till almost empty. Your just trying to reach a percentage of the fuel additive per gallons of gas. Why waste money ya know?