Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Ported Headers.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:02 PM   #1
Blowin by em sideways
xroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ramon
xroller's Tacoma Gallery
Ported Headers.

Well I am new to this forum but I did something that I don't think anyone has done on this site and that is port my headers. The stock cats come with about a 40mm opening but compare this to the DTLTs and they actually are a bit smaller (36mm). So what was done is port them out to about a 40mm opening. Not hard to do and its actually a nice little gain that I felt of of this. Enjoy.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:02 PM   #2
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
cooleo
Old 05-06-2010, 09:03 PM   #3
Taco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Dependent, pops was a Major
Name: Alex
Taco505's Tacoma Gallery
dang wana port my little 4 banger headers
Old 05-06-2010, 09:04 PM   #4
Blowin by em sideways
xroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xroller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco505 View Post
dang wana port my little 4 banger headers
Sure. Hit me up. You need a dremel.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:10 PM   #5
Taco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Dependent, pops was a Major
Name: Alex
Taco505's Tacoma Gallery
haha for sure but god were they a bitch to get on!! by the end of the day everyone was like wtf i thought they were called headers not F&#$*in P#$%E of S*&T haha
Old 05-06-2010, 09:10 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Actually, Thats an old racer trick. I've done that to all headers Ive installed. Good job!
Old 05-06-2010, 09:21 PM   #7
ExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
ExpoSpy's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have any pics, how to...etc?
Old 05-06-2010, 10:55 PM   #8
Blowin by em sideways

xroller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundman1463 View Post
Do you have any pics, how to...etc?
Not really that hard. A dremel will take care of it. You do it at an angle so you don't cut to deep into the piping but just make the flanges larger. Pretty sure if you used a dremel before or even a beginner can do this. Just takes time and patience because you have to do it right and don't wanna mess up.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:56 PM   #9
Blowin by em sideways

xroller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Actually, Thats an old racer trick. I've done that to all headers Ive installed. Good job!
Ha thanks man.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:03 PM   #10
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
so you ported the dtlt's or you ported the oem manifolds? Sorry i got confused!

Edit: nevermind duh i had a blonde moment!
Old 05-10-2010, 10:02 PM   #11
Blowin by em sideways

xroller's Tacoma Gallery
lol... you dumb blonde!.... jk. I would recommend this to anyone.... it gets rid of the rasp that you get around 2k-3k.....
Old 05-27-2010, 06:27 PM   #14
Blowin by em sideways

xroller's Tacoma Gallery
lol. it's well worth it in my opinion. got rid of the rasp that these headers create around 2k - 3k
Old 05-29-2010, 10:45 AM   #15
Sleeper 4x4
Super Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Super Werty's Tacoma Gallery
lol, you noob. I ported those headers for you before I sold them to you
Old 05-30-2010, 11:54 PM   #16
Blowin by em sideways

xroller's Tacoma Gallery
Lol... Never said I did the work. It says I did something that I don't think anyone has done and that is port my headers. Thanks again werty. I already did a set myself using the tools that you used. It's not hard and it actually does sound better.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:27 PM   #17
Reign in Blood
GodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of lightGodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of lightGodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of lightGodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of lightGodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: F-15 Crew Chief
Name: Satan
GodHatesUsAll's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xroller View Post
lol. it's well worth it in my opinion. got rid of the rasp that these headers create around 2k - 3k
Noob it's the engine design that causes the rasp not the exhaust hitting the edge of the header LOL.

BTW nice job porting them out!
Old 07-11-2010, 10:35 PM   #19
Retrofit Club!
lookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
lookylookitzadam's Tacoma Gallery
Porting works well, but more importantly you want to "port match" the headers to head.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:38 PM   #20
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Werty View Post
lol, you noob. I ported those headers for you before I sold them to you