Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Deckplate mod illegal in California?

Old 05-08-2010, 03:11 PM   #1
Jahwn is on a distinguished road

Jahwn's Tacoma Gallery
Deckplate mod illegal in California?

Before I go cutting into my airbox, I wanted to see if there was anyone out there in Commiefornia with a deckplate mod who has been given a no pass for the smog check?

I've been in a diesel for years, and I don't remember if they snoop around under the hood much for smog checks on gassers. I don't want to get a no pass due to the deck plate mod and have to buy another intake box from the stealer.
Thanks in advance!
Old 05-08-2010, 03:22 PM   #2
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahwn View Post
Before I go cutting into my airbox, I wanted to see if there was anyone out there in Commiefornia with a deckplate mod who has been given a no pass for the smog check?

I've been in a diesel for years, and I don't remember if they snoop around under the hood much for smog checks on gassers. I don't want to get a no pass due to the deck plate mod and have to buy another intake box from the stealer.
Thanks in advance!
if it is you can just put the deckplate in if you get a fix it ticket?
Old 05-08-2010, 05:00 PM   #3
Jahwn is on a distinguished road

Jahwn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto932 View Post
if it is you can just put the deckplate in if you get a fix it ticket?
Yeah, you could just put it back in...but the fact that it's modifying the air intake system, it seems like it could be an issue.

Whether you can plug the hole you made or not, this state sucks balls and if they can fuck you for your hard earned cash somehow, they will.

Anyone from CA with this mod care to comment?
Old 05-16-2010, 12:20 PM   #4
DustinSK will become famous soon enoughDustinSK will become famous soon enough
DustinSK's Tacoma Gallery
Oh snap...I just did mine yesterday. Hopefully Ill be ok! ahha