LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Just got my new volant intake!!!

Old 05-10-2010, 01:35 PM   #1
ThisGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedThisGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedThisGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedThisGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedThisGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedThisGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedThisGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedThisGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedThisGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedThisGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedThisGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
ThisGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Just got my new volant intake!!!

These are great intakes. did the intake on my 4runner awhile ago and loved it. I did just the intake on my Taco first but it didnt take long to decide i wanted the scoop to. They work amazingly. Now im looking for an exhaust. The guys at Volant told me Gibson works nicely with the intakes so maybe ill look into that but im open to ideas if you have any.

Talked to the guys at www.globaldodge.com and they will give 10% off any kit to anyone who mentions TACOMAWORLD so its a great deal.

heres a link

http://performancedodge.stores.yahoo...otavocoai.html
Old 08-20-2010, 08:26 PM   #2
NathanArena1988 is on a distinguished road
Name: Nathan
NathanArena1988's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordered the Volant set up you have. I've read the volant cai makes the truck run rich any truth to this? What did this set up do for the performance? Any check engine light come on as others have stated?
Old 08-20-2010, 08:36 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
A URD MAF calibrator will correct any issues. It is a great intake IMO.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:48 PM   #4
so total i would be spending about 650 dollars is that worth it?
Old 08-20-2010, 09:01 PM   #5
Bobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant future

Army: C Co, 2nd Bat 75th Inf
Name: Bobo
Bobo_1's Tacoma Gallery
There are some great threads on this. I have been searching for a CAI for a while. Volant was right at the top. Especially with the extra access to the box for a ram air type access. Almost bought one then the seller backed out. But, that turned out to be a good thing. As additional research showed some issues written about by Gadget over on the xr underground forum.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:02 PM   #6
Bobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant future

Army: C Co, 2nd Bat 75th Inf
Name: Bobo
Bobo_1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanArena1988 View Post
so total i would be spending about 650 dollars is that worth it?
Really good point. Shouldn't have to spend that much just to get more and colder air.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:06 PM   #7
I'm going to cancel my order and just keep my truck stock. The reviews I've read and the pre owned for sale volant cai on this site was enough for me to turn back. 650 would buy a good bit of gas
Old 08-20-2010, 09:09 PM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Volant, TRD, and AFE won't draw colder air than stock since they all get air form the same place. The Volant has the advantage of the ram air scoop but that's it. I personally have the old style TRD intake and I love it. I love the sound and it flows a tad more air. I really didn't expect gains but I got it for cheap and I have plans for other mods in the future.

Products Discussed in this Thread