Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

AFE intake Sounds weird?

Old 05-10-2010, 05:53 PM   #1
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
AFE intake Sounds weird?

Ok so i have noticed that my afe stage 2 si cai sounds different from day to day. One day it's loud as you know what and the next day it's quiet? Have any of you guys noticed a difference in the sound and performance of your afe cai? Also note that i have the URD maf. sensor calibrator tuned for the intake and my exhaust. Thanks
Old 05-11-2010, 02:13 AM   #2
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
I was thinkin...maybe the temp. Outside has something to do with it? Some days it sounds like it's sucking more air and is louder and other days it's quiet?
Old 05-11-2010, 04:26 AM   #3
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Lightbulb Hmm..

Sounds like weather can have something to do it. I know that cold air is dense and can give better performance, that mite effect sound also.

When I lived in hawaii our race track was at sea Level. When we had visitors come down to compete from the mainland, their runs would be sometimes .5 sec slower, due to altitude and humidity.

So yeah, weather and altitude can play a factor in the density of air coming through the tube effecting sound.

But keep us posted, cause im ordering this intake in a couple months.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:54 AM   #4
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't noticed the intake sound change. I just got use to it and no longer pay attention. It does however, sound really nice combined with TRD exhaust.