Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

New Exhaust system advice??

Old 05-11-2010, 07:29 PM   #1
JAWSH is on a distinguished road
Name: Josh
JAWSH's Tacoma Gallery
New Exhaust system advice??

I'm looking for a new exhaust and don't know what to get. I don't want my taco to sound like a little souped up civic. Flowmaster series 40? Cherry bomb? Magnaflow?? What sounds the beefiest and meanest?
Old 05-11-2010, 07:32 PM   #2
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
youtube and the search function welcome
Old 05-11-2010, 07:32 PM   #3
I CANT SPELL SO DONT BITCH
mwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mwild's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW. Flowmasters sound good. I have heard that magnaflows sound good on these trucks to. Look on youtube for sound clips of exhaustes.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:43 PM   #4
thekid1550 is on a distinguished road

thekid1550's Tacoma Gallery
ive looked at every youtube vid there is and they all suck you cant really tell on these shitty comp speakers see if there are any tw members near you that would be willing to meet up for a small run and go from there,good luck
Old 05-13-2010, 05:46 PM   #5
jorgeocordero is on a distinguished road
jorgeocordero's Tacoma Gallery
I just put a magnaflow and it was to loud for me on the cabin , on the trird day i add a resonator before the magnaflow it keep making a great sound ,but not to loud in the cabin unless you step on the pedal it sound great.. if you can hear in real not in you tuve . it will be great. i spend $110 on the manaflow with instalation ,them $60 more on the resonator with the instalation. good luck.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:49 PM   #6
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: OsKaR
Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgeocordero View Post
I just put a magnaflow and it was to loud for me on the cabin , on the trird day i add a resonator before the magnaflow it keep making a great sound ,but not to loud in the cabin unless you step on the pedal it sound great.. if you can hear in real not in you tuve . it will be great. i spend $110 on the manaflow with instalation ,them $60 more on the resonator with the instalation. good luck.
What magnaflow (part # or model) did you put on??
Did you notice any difference in engine performance??
Old 05-13-2010, 06:01 PM   #7
jorgeocordero is on a distinguished road
jorgeocordero's Tacoma Gallery
i am sorry, don't know the model it is about 15inch long and is all stainless steel. on the muffer shop they keep the box. about performance it feel more loose on the engine . i also remove the second air filter.at 2K rpm i was making about 68 to 69 mph. now its around 71 to 72. i think is good for gas economy..
Old 05-17-2010, 01:47 PM   #8
sinjun is just really nicesinjun is just really nicesinjun is just really nicesinjun is just really nicesinjun is just really nice
Name: Derek
sinjun's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed a magnaflow Catback, it is a little loud in the cabin, but tolerable, sounds nice and deep. The sound clips on youtube definitely don't do it justice.

As for performance hard to feel something that small, but the fuel economy should go up over stock.

You would want to order the #16625 system and you will need a small extension if you have the 4dr long bed Tac. You should also be able to find it for approx $485 on the net or at a local shop. install is an approx 1hr.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:49 PM   #9
1st Gen. Pride
only_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really nice

Name: Kevin
only_K's Tacoma Gallery
MAGNAFLOWWWWWWWW!!! go to their site and find the right size for your truck.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:38 PM   #10
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
I was just on youtube and looked up flowmaster delta flow 50 series and it sounded awesome! How any one thrown one of these on?