Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

tail pipes???

Old 05-20-2008, 04:46 PM   #1
das56170 is on a distinguished road
Marines: 1st Lieutenant
das56170's Tacoma Gallery
tail pipes???

Just wondering how important the tail pipes past the muffler are? I have a flowmaster 40 series cat back dual exhaust. The two pipes come out of the muffler and turn down after the rear axel. The problem is that i'm trying to do the spare tire mod so I can fit a bigger tire in the spare compartment. The tail pipes get in the way. How much will it affect peformance or sound if I cut a few inches off the tail pipes. Or on the other hand how much will the performance and sound be affected if I cut the pipes off about a foot past the muffler?
Old 05-20-2008, 05:23 PM   #3
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Run them out one side right in FRONT of the rear tire 'nascar style' you'll definately stand out here AND they'll give admirers the focal point where all that cool sound comes from
Old 05-20-2008, 06:03 PM   #4
Revived and BACK baby!
joedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant future

Army: Squad Automatic Rifleman, 29th Light Infantry
joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
Turn them around and run them out of the FRONT of the truck! That's so different I'm surprised Nate hasn't done it yet.