Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Performance chip????

Old 05-14-2010, 06:46 AM   #1
J Tex is on a distinguished road
J Tex's Tacoma Gallery
Performance chip????

Hi I am very new at trying to improve my trucks performance and I dont know very much.

I was wondering what does a performance chip exactly do? Why do people get them?

Also I have heard many horror stories about how people install the performance chip and it really screws up their engine and it just did not run the same after they installed it, getting the chip made their engine worse.

So do these Performance chips really work and is it worth the money? If it is what are some good brands that you would recommend?
Old 05-14-2010, 06:49 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
There is no "Performance chip" for the Tacomas. Look to URD, or APR-X1. Depending on the year of your truck.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:30 AM   #3
Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!
KenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ヽ(`Д´)ノ
KenpachiZaraki's Tacoma Gallery
If you want a performance chip, gets dodge or ford diesel. Our trucks are one of a kind, aprx-1 if you have the dough for that bad boy