LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Dynomax Help. Flowmaster=loss!

Old 05-16-2010, 03:04 PM   #1
Garrettg36 is on a distinguished road
Garrettg36's Tacoma Gallery
Dynomax Help. Flowmaster=loss!

Hey about a month or two ago I installed a Flowmaster 40 on my truck, got an 04 prerunner V6 and it sounds awesome but I thought I noticed a slight bit of power loss and lost a bit of mpg. so I did some searching on this site and it confirmed what I thought the flowmaster decreased performance! so that was pretty lame. And so I looked up some more on here and found everyone say good things about the Dynomax superturbo for the best performance gains. but I tried looking to buy it online and It seems different everywhere I look. I found this at Autozone, http://www.autozone.com/autozone/cat...questid=253790
is this what everyone is talking about and is it right for my truck?
for the flowmaster I got some extra pieces of pipe and welded it to my stock pipes and Ill weld this one myself also.
Thanks!
Old 05-16-2010, 03:08 PM   #2
RPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
RPain's Tacoma Gallery
I live in arizona too and I got my muffler from this shop called "Performance muffler"
www.performancemuffler.net and the cost of my flowmaster muffler + the welding install was only 130 dollars so it was a great deal. You should check it out and see if they carry dynomax
Old 05-20-2010, 04:18 PM   #3
Hmm thanks for the tip but I would prefer to have it shipped than take a 40 minute drive to Pheonix.. Just Google mapped it but thanks.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:32 PM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
The link you posted is for the Dynomax Thrush. I believe it's their loudest muffler.

This page has all of the part numbers for the different sizes of the Dynomax Super Turbo. Once you figure out what size you want, you can do type the part number into google shopping and find the best price.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:33 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
The link you posted is for the Dynomax Thrush. I believe it's their loudest muffler.
Thanks! will that still give me a gain over my flowmaster? The one from autozone that is.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:07 PM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrettg36 View Post
Thanks! will that still give me a gain over my flowmaster? The one from autozone that is.
I'm not sure. Chris4x4 dyno'd several mufflers and the largest loss was the flowmaster, largest gain was the dynomax super turbo.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:00 PM   #7
Quote:
I'm not sure. Chris4x4 dyno'd several mufflers and the largest loss was the flowmaster, largest gain was the dynomax super turbo.
Yeah thats what Ive been reading on some of the other posts which is whats got me interested in the super turbo
Old 05-25-2010, 12:10 PM   #8
Local Man
bigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bigburrito's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
would you happen to have a link to the dyno testing?

my super 44 is getting delivered today....
Old 05-25-2010, 12:13 PM   #9
Local Man
bigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bigburrito's Tacoma Gallery
dyno from flowmaster website shows hp and tq GAINS, at least for the American Thunder cat back system

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/index.php?page=112
Old 05-25-2010, 12:15 PM   #10
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
A full cat back will get your HP back and then some. That is why I refuse to just simply weld on a dumped chokemaster or replace the muffler and keep the stock piping.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:35 PM   #11
Well maybe Chris will post something about the Dyno's he has done with those mufflers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
A full cat back will get your HP back and then some. That is why I refuse to just simply weld on a dumped chokemaster or replace the muffler and keep the stock piping.
Isn't the piping the same size?
Old 05-25-2010, 12:36 PM   #12
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well maybe Chris will post something about the Dyno's he has done with those mufflers.

It was on my magnaflow.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:45 PM   #13
Ok thats what I thought. thats why I just put on a new muffler... just the wrong one lol
Old 05-25-2010, 12:47 PM   #14
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Not always also most factory exhausts are not madrel bent. I did notice that my Tacoma had decent piping from the factory but I'd still rather just get rid of it all.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:57 PM   #15
Gotcha
Personally couldn't afford to do whole catback lol
and for me it gets the same result