LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

AFE Stage 2 CAI

Old 05-16-2010, 05:41 PM   #1
Mayday
mmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Veteran
Name: Mike
mmadej87's Tacoma Gallery
AFE Stage 2 CAI

I just recently installed my AFE CAI about a week ago, i took a small road trip this weekend and noticed that my gas mileage actually went down (about 1mpg)

Does anybody know why this is?

Also, does anybody run the intake with that red plug out, the one thats on the sealed box, i guess to not allow suction from inside the cab..

and also, i noticed that after i installed the box, the seal that sits around the hole for the stock suction doesnt sit flush all the way around on the seal, there is a small gap on the forward side of it, everything fit in perfectly when i did the install, did this happen to anybody else?
Old 05-17-2010, 10:20 AM   #2
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't notice any loss? But I never pay much attention to mpg. I always leave the red plug out!
Old 05-17-2010, 10:24 AM   #3
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Aftermarket intakes are pretty much proven to lose MPG and Low end Troque, the tacoma is no different. But you gained Top end HP and torque, just stay about 3500 rpm.

I sold my AFE Stage 2 after 4 months. my drop was 1-2 mpg on the stock truck replaced with AFE drop in.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:24 PM   #4
jetmagnum is on a distinguished road
jetmagnum's Tacoma Gallery
Im really surprised to hear about loss of mpg ! After installing my afe stg 2 i noticed an immediate increase of ~ 2 mpg and it is still rising after 3 tanks. also seems like tourqeyer low end. maybe thats in my head but the mpg's dont lie.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:33 PM   #5
Mayday
mmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Veteran
Name: Mike
mmadej87's Tacoma Gallery
i thought about maybe unplugging the battery to let the computer reset...did you do that when you installed yours?
Old 05-17-2010, 06:52 PM   #6
jetmagnum is on a distinguished road
jetmagnum's Tacoma Gallery
absolutely i reset ecu.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:10 PM   #7
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: OsKaR
Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmadej87 View Post
I just recently installed my AFE CAI about a week ago, i took a small road trip this weekend and noticed that my gas mileage actually went down (about 1mpg)

Does anybody know why this is?

Also, does anybody run the intake with that red plug out, the one thats on the sealed box, i guess to not allow suction from inside the cab..

and also, i noticed that after i installed the box, the seal that sits around the hole for the stock suction doesnt sit flush all the way around on the seal, there is a small gap on the forward side of it, everything fit in perfectly when i did the install, did this happen to anybody else?
All that happened to me! I have the same AFE CAI
Old 05-17-2010, 07:12 PM   #9
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: OsKaR
Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetmagnum View Post
absolutely i reset ecu.
What's the effect on doing that???

Products Discussed in this Thread