Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

TRD Supercharger installed w/ TRD CAI

Old 05-17-2010, 09:17 AM   #1
trlove is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Security Police
trlove's Tacoma Gallery
Question TRD Supercharger installed w/ TRD CAI

I am making the last truck payment in June for my '05 Tacoma. As a result, I am pricing the TRD supercharger. I have been reading a lot of posts regarding the S/C installed with the CAI. I installed the TRD CAI a while back. I would install the supercharger myself and then have a dealer do the reflash. Now, I have been reading that some dealers will do the reflash if the CAI is installed and some will not. Is it just an emissions thing, or will it truely make the engine run too lean?

I have looked at aftermarket tuners (URD), but it seems that you have to have so much additional equipment to get a good tune.

So my question is, do any of you have the TRD S/C and TRD CAI installed with the Toyota dealer reflash? If so, have you had any releated problems?

Thanks for your input.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:42 AM   #2
TACO SUPREME
c0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud of
Coast Guard: MK1/E-6
Name: Dennis
c0astie31's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to c0astie31
it is no big deal, just do the reflash with the stock box on, and then go home and put the trd cai on, that is exactly what i did, no problems, relash was 98 bucks for me, have fun with the s/c it is awesome, even better when you add mods to it
Old 05-17-2010, 10:13 AM   #3
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm I would like to know this as well. I too am thinking of getting a trd blower and just wanna run the reflash. Will I be able too run my afe cai?
Old 05-18-2010, 07:52 AM   #4
98lowflyingtacoma is on a distinguished road

98lowflyingtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
you may want to check to see if the supercharger will fit with the CAI. Its really big and takes a lot of room. I have it on my 09 and not a lot of room in there now...
Old 05-18-2010, 10:28 AM   #5
trlove is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Security Police
trlove's Tacoma Gallery
The CAI will definitely fit with the S/C installed. My question was, has anybody installed both the TRD S/C and CAI with the Toyota dealer ECU reflash?
Old 05-18-2010, 11:49 AM   #6
TACO SUPREME
c0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud of
Coast Guard: MK1/E-6
Name: Dennis
c0astie31's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to c0astie31
try bringing it in, it is a trd part so they may not even think about it,
Old 05-18-2010, 01:18 PM   #7
JasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
When I bought my TRD CAI the guy at the parts counter told me to hold on the factory airbox if I ever plan on ever putting on a SC because you can't run both. That's what he said however I don't see why you couldn't run both.

TW member gsxr3000 has both on his 08 Sport

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/members/gsxr3000.html

Old 05-19-2010, 01:46 PM   #8
outlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FO on the OP
Name: Brandon
outlaw7's Tacoma Gallery
runnin trd s/c & trd cai plus some other goodies on dealer reflash no probs...
Old 05-19-2010, 01:53 PM   #10
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasoTaco View Post
That cover on your CAI is SICK!!!! Where did you get it?
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...lic-cover.html

Another pic(not mine):

Old 05-19-2010, 02:14 PM   #11
outlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FO on the OP
Name: Brandon
outlaw7's Tacoma Gallery
^ yup got it from member "coupe" a while back. he can etch a couple different things on it and paint it however you want it. then i just slapped one of my supercharged stickers on it that came with the blower the other is on my dd 91 suzuki swift 1.3 added 25 fwh!