Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

wanna change out horn

Old 05-19-2010, 11:20 AM   #1
Karo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Karo
Karo's Tacoma Gallery
wanna change out horn

i need some help here... my car looks like a beast, but sounds like a wimp. does anyone know where i can get a more powerful horn (better than the stock horn) and help me with the process of switching it out?
Old 05-19-2010, 05:59 PM   #2
nolaboy will become famous soon enoughnolaboy will become famous soon enough
Army: Apache crewchief 82nd Airborne
Name: Matt
nolaboy's Tacoma Gallery
Train horn?? That would be alot louder, but I have no idea how to install.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:19 PM   #3
Admiral of the JOLLY ROGER navy
micropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to behold

Name: damion
micropiper's Tacoma Gallery
I took one from a fullsize chevy van. 4 bucks at a junk yard. Sounds great and people hear me when I honk at them. Cut power wire from gay ass plastic disk, splice to new horn assembly. I bolted mine under a bolt for the airbox. Just make sure you scrape the paint so you get a good ground. Thats all there is to it.
pm me if you need more details
Old 05-19-2010, 06:28 PM   #4
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by micropiper View Post
I took one from a fullsize chevy van. 4 bucks at a junk yard. Sounds great and people hear me when I honk at them. Cut power wire from gay ass plastic disk, splice to new horn assembly. I bolted mine under a bolt for the airbox. Just make sure you scrape the paint so you get a good ground. Thats all there is to it.
pm me if you need more details
I've got an old caddy horn coming my way Don't like my wimpy horn either. Did you need to add a bigger fuse or anything?
Old 05-19-2010, 06:34 PM   #5
Admiral of the JOLLY ROGER navy
micropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to behold

Name: damion
micropiper's Tacoma Gallery
nope didnt change anything else
Old 05-19-2010, 06:35 PM   #6
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
train horn!!!!!!!!
Old 05-19-2010, 06:37 PM   #7
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
I put $50 Wolo truck air horns on my truck. 120db, they are very loud and awesome
Old 05-20-2010, 07:33 PM   #9
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
I had a set of Hella Supertones horns on my Subaru, 118 DB, loved them.

Been thinking about getting a set for the Taco. They are only around $70 for a set of two.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:12 PM   #10
Yota Doc
DocBrown86 is a name known to allDocBrown86 is a name known to allDocBrown86 is a name known to allDocBrown86 is a name known to allDocBrown86 is a name known to allDocBrown86 is a name known to all

Name: Brian
DocBrown86's Tacoma Gallery
You can remove the little metal shields from your stock horn. Its free, and it makes your horns louder!
Old 05-25-2010, 09:08 AM   #11
TRDNinetyNiner is on a distinguished road
TRDNinetyNiner's Tacoma Gallery
+1 for Hella Supertone horns.

Bosch also has these Supertone horns. One thing nice about the supertone horns are they are suitable for visible mounting.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:26 AM   #12
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDNinetyNiner View Post
+1 for Hella Supertone horns.

Bosch also has these Supertone horns. One thing nice about the supertone horns are they are suitable for visible mounting.
Do you have the supertones on your tacoma? Did you have to use a relay, or did you just splice the stock horn wiring into the supertones? Any pictures?
Old 05-25-2010, 11:17 AM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Do you have the supertones on your tacoma? Did you have to use a relay, or did you just splice the stock horn wiring into the supertones? Any pictures?
I have both Hella and Bosch supertone horns on both of my vehicles. I have the Hella installed to my Tacoma and Bosch to my Infiniti M. I must say I like the sound of the Bosch better. I don't have pictures available at the moment. I did not want the horns to be visible from the outside so I bolted them just behind the grill. No I did NOT use a relay. I simply splice and replace one connection to the stock horn and the other connection to ground.

Hella supertone horns are becoming more available as an aftermarket product. Some Toyota dealers even sells them. The Bosch supertone horns are a bit difficult to get hold off. I actually had to import mine. But all is worth it because my kids know I've arrived even though I'm still across the parking lot.

Just incase the product number for Bosch supertone horns is 0 320 223 024
Old 05-26-2010, 01:59 AM   #15
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDNinetyNiner View Post
I have both Hella and Bosch supertone horns on both of my vehicles. I have the Hella installed to my Tacoma and Bosch to my Infiniti M. I must say I like the sound of the Bosch better. I don't have pictures available at the moment. I did not want the horns to be visible from the outside so I bolted them just behind the grill. No I did NOT use a relay. I simply splice and replace one connection to the stock horn and the other connection to ground.

Hella supertone horns are becoming more available as an aftermarket product. Some Toyota dealers even sells them. The Bosch supertone horns are a bit difficult to get hold off. I actually had to import mine. But all is worth it because my kids know I've arrived even though I'm still across the parking lot.

Just incase the product number for Bosch supertone horns is 0 320 223 024
whered u get the bosch from?
Old 05-27-2010, 11:56 AM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
whered u get the bosch from?
Germany.

There's a clip on Youtube a VW Golf with Bosch supertone horns. Check it out.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:15 PM   #17
Cracker in a Taco
KnurledNut is just really niceKnurledNut is just really niceKnurledNut is just really niceKnurledNut is just really niceKnurledNut is just really nice
Marines: 1st MarDiv
KnurledNut's Tacoma Gallery
I installed a Stebel Nautilus air horn.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/86621-stebel-horn-install.html
Old 05-27-2010, 12:17 PM   #18
Cracker in a Taco
KnurledNut is just really niceKnurledNut is just really niceKnurledNut is just really niceKnurledNut is just really niceKnurledNut is just really nice
Marines: 1st MarDiv
KnurledNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
I had a set of Hella Supertones horns on my Subaru, 118 DB, loved them.

Been thinking about getting a set for the Taco. They are only around $70 for a set of two.
I had them on my Subie as well. Excellent horns for the money.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:02 PM   #19
StatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud of

Name: Joey
StatutoryAPE's Tacoma Gallery
ive been wanting to change my horn too. i saw that checker and autozone sell replacements. think those are any good?