Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

K&N Air Intakes

Old 05-20-2010, 09:23 AM   #1
TacticalTaco is on a distinguished road
TacticalTaco's Tacoma Gallery
K&N Air Intakes

I want to put a K&N Air Intake on my truck, to be perfectly honest my primary motivation is the noise it makes when you step on it.

I know K&N claims there is an increase in HP, but it sounds like in practice it is negligible.

From what I can tell there are two Air Intakes, the 63 Series, which is made of plastic, and the 77 series which is made of polished stainless steel.

Are there any differences between these two or is it just cosmetic ?
Old 05-20-2010, 09:24 AM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
All cosmetic. Boxed intakes will give you sound as well.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:40 AM   #3
rob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
rob1's Tacoma Gallery
I have a drop in and love it, just need to clean it soon!!
Old 05-20-2010, 09:48 AM   #4
TacticalTaco is on a distinguished road
TacticalTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
read the specs - 63 series is quoting more added HP not sure how much. secretsquirrel has the 63 I think and he isn't happy.

I love my drop in K&N
Is this what you guys have ?

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=33-2281

Is there a noticeable difference in sound ? Do you find it increases performance at all ?
Old 05-20-2010, 03:14 PM   #5
Its all mod on the inside
hoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud of

Navy: DCC(SW/AW)
hoeflich's Tacoma Gallery
I have the plastic w/box in mine...cant say I can really tell a difference, nor can I hear much of it. More engine noise than anything...but it looks cool.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:16 PM   #6
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
don't get the metal one, It will hold more heat than the plastic one.

I feel like I get a little better response at full throttle and on the highway when I mash on it.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:20 PM   #7
tacoma44x44 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jamie
tacoma44x44's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 63 series when u step on it, its loud as shit. I like it a lot and noticed a little better MPG's.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:49 AM   #8
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
If you go with K & N...I would lose the oil filter in favor of a dry filter.