Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

PLX DM-100 OBD II Scanner Questions

Old 06-01-2010, 09:23 AM   #1
el tráfico más lento se queda derecha
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
PLX DM-100 OBD II Scanner Questions

I installed the PLX DM-100 OBD II Scanner yesterday and I'm really happy with it so far! I had a few questions about it - hopefully someone else that has one can chime in;

-Can I customize the OBD reading screens? There are 5 screens of OBD readouts but theres a few readings on each screen that I would like to keep track of. Is there any way to select certain readings to appear on one screen?

-Can I set up the gauge to track peak values automatically on startup? Really the only thing this would be for is to check if the dealer is runninng around pegging the needle in my truck.

-Can someone explain the data polling function to me? What is this actually? I read the manual but I don't understand what setting polling on 4 parameters as opposed to 1 does, other than slow the data refresh rate.

I've only been playing with the gauge via the remote. If this stuff can be done by hooking up a laptop and running the software that would be trick!

-Thanks!

btw...thanks to Gadget at URD for getting this gauge to me! It is neat!
Old 06-02-2010, 09:41 AM   #2
el tráfico más lento se queda derecha
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
Bump and update...

I've found the answers to some of my questions.

No, I cannot customize the OBD screen pages.

I still don't know what polling actually does, only that I need to turn it on to display OBD sensors in 4-parameter mode.

I don't know if its possible to set up the gauge to track peak after startup and save it after shutdown.

One more thing, I did set one of my OBD sensors to Cat Temp. In the OBD screen I'm getting around 1200`F for Cat Temp. When I switch to 4-parameter mode I get 16 to 19. What units are these measurements? Certainly it can't be 1600-1900`F and it can't be 16 or 160`C.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:46 PM   #3
DOUBLEJTACOMA is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeremy
DOUBLEJTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
bump