1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

PLX DM-100 OBD II Scanner Questions

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by SManZ, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Jun 1, 2010 at 9:23 AM
    SManZ

SManZ [OP] Sold the Taco in June 2020

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Current, 2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor, Previously 2010 Supercharged 4x4 Tacoma Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    I installed the PLX DM-100 OBD II Scanner yesterday and I'm really happy with it so far! I had a few questions about it - hopefully someone else that has one can chime in;

-Can I customize the OBD reading screens? There are 5 screens of OBD readouts but theres a few readings on each screen that I would like to keep track of. Is there any way to select certain readings to appear on one screen?

-Can I set up the gauge to track peak values automatically on startup? Really the only thing this would be for is to check if the dealer is runninng around pegging the needle in my truck.

-Can someone explain the data polling function to me? What is this actually? I read the manual but I don't understand what setting polling on 4 parameters as opposed to 1 does, other than slow the data refresh rate.

I've only been playing with the gauge via the remote. If this stuff can be done by hooking up a laptop and running the software that would be trick!

-Thanks!

btw...thanks to Gadget at URD for getting this gauge to me! It is neat!

2. Jun 2, 2010 at 9:41 AM
    SManZ

SManZ [OP] Sold the Taco in June 2020

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Current, 2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor, Previously 2010 Supercharged 4x4 Tacoma Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    Bump and update...

I've found the answers to some of my questions.

No, I cannot customize the OBD screen pages.

I still don't know what polling actually does, only that I need to turn it on to display OBD sensors in 4-parameter mode.

I don't know if its possible to set up the gauge to track peak after startup and save it after shutdown.

One more thing, I did set one of my OBD sensors to Cat Temp. In the OBD screen I'm getting around 1200`F for Cat Temp. When I switch to 4-parameter mode I get 16 to 19. What units are these measurements? Certainly it can't be 1600-1900`F and it can't be 16 or 160`C.

3. Mar 11, 2013 at 10:46 PM
    DOUBLEJTACOMA

DOUBLEJTACOMA Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Jasper, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    Blacked out SR5
    -Black Halo Projector Headlights with HIDs -Black Billet Grille -Night Shaded Tail Lights -Exhaust (Magnaflow) -URD 2.7L Supercharger (soon, may need help)

Products Discussed in

To Top