Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Intake Help

Old 06-01-2010, 11:42 PM   #1
egoldman166 is on a distinguished road
Name: Elon
egoldman166's Tacoma Gallery
Intake Help

I was looking into buying a cold air intake for my 08 taco but need some help deciding. I was going to choose between a K@N or an AFE. Im looking for a little Hp gain but would like some advice from people who have one. Also i was wondering what would give me the most bang for my buck. any suggestions would help
Old 06-02-2010, 12:28 AM   #2
Ok but if you install an intake system, wont there be hp gains?
Old 06-02-2010, 12:37 AM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
not much, and IIRC there was a member who actually dynoed after the K&N and LOST HP
x2

CAI's are pointless for gains...your engine can only take in so much air at once because of the throttle body...Imagine a straw with a small bowl attached then you take the small bowl off and attach a big bowl...it doesn't matter cause the straw can only fit so much at a time...make sense??
Old 06-02-2010, 12:40 AM   #4
wow didnt know that you could lose hp. i have an exhaust system, just looking for little things that will give me a little more hp.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:40 AM   #5
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
LMMFAO

U still talking aboot trucks, or the peace pipe?
shut up...i was making a reference that someone can understand easily