Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

AFE stage 2 Si: Check

Old 06-02-2010, 07:24 PM   #1
eschonle is a jewel in the rougheschonle is a jewel in the rougheschonle is a jewel in the rough

Name: eric
eschonle's Tacoma Gallery
AFE stage 2 Si: Check

Took about an hour and a half, ended up losing an allen wrench in the process (it's not in the intake tube, i checked).
I took it for a test drive, but no noticable difference in HP or acceleration.
Heard there was supposed to be a small sucking or whooshing noise when you stomp on the gas, but seeing as how i was on residential streets, I didn't want to punch it and piss off the neighbors.
Anyone who has this intake know if there's supposed to be torque or HP gains? I know it won't be much, maybe 1-2HP at the most, but just curious
Here's some pics

Old 06-03-2010, 02:23 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah most of the posts I've read said the only noticeable difference is the sound. No increase in power.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:58 PM   #3
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: OsKaR
Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
I had the exact same one, I notice some difference at around 3500 rpms. If you step on the gas, you'll notice some difference. I would put it again on my truck.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:00 PM   #4
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
I put mine on and I couldn't get all 6 alan screws on the top of the plate? did your fit in really easily?
Old 06-06-2010, 04:02 PM   #5
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
I put mine on and I couldn't get all 6 alan screws on the top of the plate? did your fit in really easily?
All of mine fine no problem.

As for HP gains, not so much. Just more sound.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:03 PM   #6
outlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FO on the OP
Name: Brandon
outlaw7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
i had a hard time getting my plexi cover bolted down so i stuck the old ladys hairdryer on hi and let it sit in the boxtill the box was nice and warm then threw on the filter real quick and was able to move the box enough to get all 6 down snug.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:51 PM   #7
oldwestbailbonds is on a distinguished road
Name: ron
oldwestbailbonds's Tacoma Gallery
hello everyone im new here and i appreciate the support we can share regarding our toyotas, however i have a question, i have a 99 ext cab 2.4 and i am looking for a performance chip, there are alot when i google them but i hear alot of them are scams.does anybody have first hand knowledge where i can get a decent chip???

thanks in advance
ron
Old 06-06-2010, 05:04 PM   #8
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Considering the stock intake is already a CAI, there will be virtually nothing to gain over any high-flow drop in filter... especially as it already had a fairly large surface area to start with. Looks nice though...
Old 06-08-2010, 06:28 PM   #9
eschonle is a jewel in the rougheschonle is a jewel in the rougheschonle is a jewel in the rough

Name: eric
eschonle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
Considering the stock intake is already a CAI, there will be virtually nothing to gain over any high-flow drop in filter... especially as it already had a fairly large surface area to start with. Looks nice though...
i know. the stock hole in the engine bay is a cool feature that came stock with the OEM intake which was Denso if I remember correctly
Old 06-08-2010, 06:37 PM   #10
Triumph843 is on a distinguished road
Name: John
Triumph843's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwestbailbonds View Post
hello everyone im new here and i appreciate the support we can share regarding our toyotas, however i have a question, i have a 99 ext cab 2.4 and i am looking for a performance chip, there are alot when i google them but i hear alot of them are scams.does anybody have first hand knowledge where i can get a decent chip???

thanks in advance
ron
waste of money