Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Best combination

Old 06-06-2010, 12:57 PM   #1
Turfman is on a distinguished road

Name: Lance
Turfman's Tacoma Gallery
Best combination

Thinking about purchasing URD's true cold air intake system and wanna know the best exhaust i could combine with it, not really looking for what puts out the most sound, looking for performance for a reasonable price.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:40 PM   #2
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Magnaflow has been proven to do decent things for performance and all you need is thr new muffler welded in.
Some folks just ordered Wicked mufflers too I think-not sure what thre reviews/dynos look like.
Good thing is a muffler is 100 to 150 max and another 50-80 to install (from what I have seen)
Old 06-06-2010, 02:25 PM   #3

Turfman's Tacoma Gallery
so your saying all i need to do is buy a muffler?
Old 06-06-2010, 03:14 PM   #4
Sprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Sprink669's Tacoma Gallery
I have the TRD Exhaust and CAI and I am very pleased with the outcome! Nice sound and the engine is more responsive.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:51 PM   #5
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turfman View Post
so your saying all i need to do is buy a muffler?
That is one option. The exhaust piping on our trucks is pretty decent, so unless you see signs of damage or deterioration- no need to relpace it/get a catback.

So just have a muffler popped in there and you'll be in good shape....Or you can get a full catback or larger system...but you will be spending more $$$
Old 06-19-2010, 11:48 AM   #6

Turfman's Tacoma Gallery
Hey man you got a sound clip of the TRD exhaust and CAI together?
Old 06-19-2010, 11:57 AM   #7
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprink669 View Post
I have the TRD Exhaust and CAI and I am very pleased with the outcome! Nice sound and the engine is more responsive.
x2