1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help on Exhaust System

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by Taco_Girl03, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Jun 6, 2010 at 5:14 PM
    Taco_Girl03

Taco_Girl03 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Teri
    (RGV) Texas/North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5
    Hey Everyone, Im looking on getting an exhaust system I got a 2007 Tacoma Double Cab-Long Bed TRD. Ive been looking around but I cant seem to find one for a long bed only short! Whats the best brand to go with? Cost is not a limit? I want a nice sounding exhaust! If you gotta any links plz post. Thanks!!

2. Jun 6, 2010 at 5:15 PM
    senor taco

senor taco ROLLIN ON RUST

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Vehicle:
    O7 Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    17in fj cruiser wheels satoshi grille with devil horns emblem Single in double out 50 series flowmaster with stainless tips Kenwod ddx512 double din touch screen DVD reciver with a single Rockford fosgate 12 in sub with an alpine amp tinted tail and third break light silverstar head and fog lights k&n drop in Billy 5100's on all 4 corners with a 2"AAL
    Wicked flow welded to your stock pipes,just add a nice tip and your good to go

3. Jun 6, 2010 at 5:17 PM
    tacobell007

tacobell007 Western Mass Automotive Coatings

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Western MA
    Vehicle:
    06 Regular Cab Lifted
    Eibach springs, OME Dakars, Walker Evans remote resi coilovers with adjustable dampening, Icon tubular uniball UCAs, Icon ext travel rear shocks, Kenwood in-dash nav receiver, Kicker 10 inch sub in a ported truck box, Alpine 250 watt amp, stickers, Rigid 32" gang box, LED tool box lights, 35% tint, Flowmaster Super 44 muffler, 35x12.5x17 Mastercraft Courser MXT's, Fuel Off-Road Trophy d551 in 17x8.5, Retros, white corner marker bulbs, color matched front grille, custom satoshi grille mod with matching Toyota badge, aFe Pro5R drop in filter, diff breather mod, new frame from recall, SOS concepts front plate, SOS concepts rear high clearance plate with swing out and full size spare, SOS bolt-on sliders with kickout, 22" LED bar, flush mount pods in rear plate bumper for aux reverse lights, Rigid Industries dually's on SOS ditch light brackets, 5.29 Nitro gears, ARB front air locker, Detroit locker in the rear
    my dad has a magna flow muffler welded in. Sounds good. Was like $160 installed I think

4. Jun 6, 2010 at 5:19 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    i wouldnt even bother going with a catback system. i'd get a good muffler to go in place of the stocker. and all that depends on the sound you want.

i like my dynomax super turbo muffler........not too loud...sounds good...and actual gains with it. i also like the flowmaster original 40 sound as well....but you "may" lose a couple horses with it(in which i highly doubt you'd feel.)

5. Jun 7, 2010 at 2:29 PM
    bdwsrjoe

bdwsrjoe Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Rio Hondo, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Offroad 4X4
    K&N Cold Air Intake, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, 3" ToyTec Lift Kit, JVC InDash DVD Player with Backup Camera, 2 10" JL Audio Subs, 8K HID Headlights, 8K HID Foglights, N-Fab Nerf Steps, In-Channel Ventvisors, springfield xd40v10, mossberg 500 12ga.
    i have a magnaflow catback exhaust and i think it sounds awesome

6. Jun 8, 2010 at 6:28 AM
    imtwistd

imtwistd Going nowhere as fast as possible

Member:
    First Name:
    I forgot
    Liverpool NY
    Vehicle:
    08 dbl cab long bed sport 4x4 beast
    AllPro offroad front LT with Fox 2.5 shox and AllPro expedtion rear springs with Fox piggy back res shox, TRD skid plate, Toyota roof rack, Undercover tonnuea cover, Pro comp 3" lift, 4 Pro comp 8" offroad lights, 17" XD Series "SPY", Nfab tube steps and light bar, Fitch Fuel, Flexalite fan, Unichip, URD cai, TRD supercharger, URD y-pipe, Banks monster cat back, debadged, projection head lighs, LED tail lights and a loud stereo, Stainless Steel Brake Lines front and rear, Doug Thorley long tube headers, Walboro 255 fuel pump, KC rock guards on my Pro Comp 8" lights
    You can the y-pipe at urdusa.com and the monster catback at bankspower.com. The y-pipe deletes the 2 rear clean up cats but has the O2 sensor bungs, I can't remeber if the pipe is 2.25" or 2.5" in diameter but I do know the monster cat back is 3" diameter. With these two pipes on my truck I have a deep mellow sound at idle and cruising speeds. I've heard the other companies exhaust on other taocs I dont really care for them, but the worst one of all is the TRD exhaust the power and performance absolutly SUCK. I know this because I work for a Toyota dealer in central NY. [​IMG]

7. Jun 8, 2010 at 11:12 AM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    To answer your original question, no one makes a cat back specifically for the double cab long bed. You need to get one for the DC short bed or access cab lengthened by adding more pipe. Any exhaust shop can do this in no time at all.

8. Jun 8, 2010 at 11:16 AM
    HondaGM

HondaGM CallSign Monke

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    South-Pole, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2023 access cab V6
    i've got the trd catback,sounds good and has a nice tip

9. Jun 8, 2010 at 5:24 PM
    imtwistd

Member:
    First Name:
    I forgot
    Liverpool NY
    Vehicle:
    AllPro offroad front LT with Fox 2.5 shox and AllPro expedtion rear springs with Fox piggy back res shox, TRD skid plate, Toyota roof rack, Undercover tonnuea cover, Pro comp 3" lift, 4 Pro comp 8" offroad lights, 17" XD Series "SPY", Nfab tube steps and light bar, Fitch Fuel, Flexalite fan, Unichip, URD cai, TRD supercharger, URD y-pipe, Banks monster cat back, debadged, projection head lighs, LED tail lights and a loud stereo, Stainless Steel Brake Lines front and rear, Doug Thorley long tube headers, Walboro 255 fuel pump, KC rock guards on my Pro Comp 8" lights
    Yes there is a full length cat back avilable for the double cab long bed tacos I found mine at Bankspower.com. The part # is 48138 come with everything to install.

10. Jun 8, 2010 at 7:35 PM
    PowTaco

PowTaco Shred The Gnar

Member:
    The Beach Life
    Vehicle:
    Silver Surfer
    stock for now...more to come
    Okay cool thanks for the info. Oh also what intake and headers are you running? Or plan to use?

11. Jun 8, 2010 at 7:37 PM
    famousfernando

famousfernando Well-Known Member

Member:
    oregon
    Vehicle:
    2007 tacoma trd package 6" fabtech l
    ive got an areo turbine and im really happy with it.

12. Jun 8, 2010 at 8:27 PM
    imtwistd

Member:
    First Name:
    I forgot
    Liverpool NY
    Vehicle:
    I have the URD cai no headers yet

13. Jun 9, 2010 at 6:08 PM
    imtwistd

Member:
    First Name:
    I forgot
    Liverpool NY
    Vehicle:

Products Discussed in

To Top