Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Help on Exhaust System

Old 06-06-2010, 05:14 PM   #1
Taco_Girl03 is on a distinguished road

Name: Teri
Taco_Girl03's Tacoma Gallery
Help on Exhaust System

Hey Everyone, Im looking on getting an exhaust system I got a 2007 Tacoma Double Cab-Long Bed TRD. Ive been looking around but I cant seem to find one for a long bed only short! Whats the best brand to go with? Cost is not a limit? I want a nice sounding exhaust! If you gotta any links plz post. Thanks!!
Old 06-06-2010, 05:19 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i wouldnt even bother going with a catback system. i'd get a good muffler to go in place of the stocker. and all that depends on the sound you want.

i like my dynomax super turbo muffler........not too loud...sounds good...and actual gains with it. i also like the flowmaster original 40 sound as well....but you "may" lose a couple horses with it(in which i highly doubt you'd feel.)
Old 06-08-2010, 06:28 AM   #6
Going nowhere as fast as possible
imtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: I forgot
imtwistd's Tacoma Gallery
Talking I have a URD y-pipe and a Banks Monster catback

You can the y-pipe at urdusa.com and the monster catback at bankspower.com. The y-pipe deletes the 2 rear clean up cats but has the O2 sensor bungs, I can't remeber if the pipe is 2.25" or 2.5" in diameter but I do know the monster cat back is 3" diameter. With these two pipes on my truck I have a deep mellow sound at idle and cruising speeds. I've heard the other companies exhaust on other taocs I dont really care for them, but the worst one of all is the TRD exhaust the power and performance absolutly SUCK. I know this because I work for a Toyota dealer in central NY.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:12 AM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
To answer your original question, no one makes a cat back specifically for the double cab long bed. You need to get one for the DC short bed or access cab lengthened by adding more pipe. Any exhaust shop can do this in no time at all.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:16 AM   #8
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
i've got the trd catback,sounds good and has a nice tip
Old 06-08-2010, 05:24 PM   #9
Going nowhere as fast as possible
imtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: I forgot
imtwistd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
To answer your original question, no one makes a cat back specifically for the double cab long bed. You need to get one for the DC short bed or access cab lengthened by adding more pipe. Any exhaust shop can do this in no time at all.
Yes there is a full length cat back avilable for the double cab long bed tacos I found mine at Bankspower.com. The part # is 48138 come with everything to install.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:35 PM   #10
Shred The Gnar
PowTaco is on a distinguished road

PowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by imtwistd View Post
Yes there is a full length cat back avilable for the double cab long bed tacos I found mine at Bankspower.com. The part # is 48138 come with everything to install.
Okay cool thanks for the info. Oh also what intake and headers are you running? Or plan to use?
Old 06-08-2010, 07:37 PM   #11
famousfernando is on a distinguished road
famousfernando's Tacoma Gallery
ive got an areo turbine and im really happy with it.