1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Header question

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by uberlols, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Jun 9, 2010 at 9:15 AM
    uberlols

uberlols [OP] I can fit 35"s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Va beach
    6" of lift
    Hey guys,

I just recently go into the world of 4x4 and picked up a 1998 Toyota Tacoma ext cab v6 Limited Edition. I have many years of messing around with Honda Civics... Yea I know. Anyhow, since I got the truck I installed a 6" lift with some 35's. Everything else on the truck is stock. I am looking for a set of headers and am noticing it is quite difficult finding parts for my truck. It seems all the parts are 1999 and up. I am curious what differences there are from the 1998 V6 motors and newer V6's. For instance, can I run headers from a 1999 v6 Tacoma on my truck or is the bolt pattern different? I am looking at a set of headers but the oldest year they offer them for is 1999. I would greatly appreciate any information on the possibilities of using cross year parts.

Thanks

2. Jun 9, 2010 at 6:22 PM
    imtwistd

imtwistd Going nowhere as fast as possible

Member:
    First Name:
    I forgot
    Liverpool NY
    Vehicle:
    08 dbl cab long bed sport 4x4 beast
    AllPro offroad front LT with Fox 2.5 shox and AllPro expedtion rear springs with Fox piggy back res shox, TRD skid plate, Toyota roof rack, Undercover tonnuea cover, Pro comp 3" lift, 4 Pro comp 8" offroad lights, 17" XD Series "SPY", Nfab tube steps and light bar, Fitch Fuel, Flexalite fan, Unichip, URD cai, TRD supercharger, URD y-pipe, Banks monster cat back, debadged, projection head lighs, LED tail lights and a loud stereo, Stainless Steel Brake Lines front and rear, Doug Thorley long tube headers, Walboro 255 fuel pump, KC rock guards on my Pro Comp 8" lights
    Have you gone to URDUSA.com they have headers for your 3.4L. Here is a couple links. Hope these help. :D

This one is for dual cats from JBA
    http://www.urdusa.com/product_info.php?cPath=93_120&products_id=1260518552
    This one is for single cat from JBA
    http://www.urdusa.com/product_info.php?cPath=93_120&products_id=1260518551
    Doug Thorley 95-04 3.4L w/ EGR
    http://www.urdusa.com/product_info.php?cPath=93_120&products_id=1260518586
    Doug Thorley 95-04 3.4L w/o EGR
    http://www.urdusa.com/product_info.php?cPath=93_120&products_id=1260518585

3. Jun 9, 2010 at 8:09 PM
    uberlols

uberlols [OP] I can fit 35"s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Va beach
    6" of lift

Thank you very much! This helps me out big time.

4. Jun 10, 2010 at 9:32 AM
    imtwistd

imtwistd Going nowhere as fast as possible

Member:
    First Name:
    I forgot
    Liverpool NY
    Vehicle:
    08 dbl cab long bed sport 4x4 beast
    AllPro offroad front LT with Fox 2.5 shox and AllPro expedtion rear springs with Fox piggy back res shox, TRD skid plate, Toyota roof rack, Undercover tonnuea cover, Pro comp 3" lift, 4 Pro comp 8" offroad lights, 17" XD Series "SPY", Nfab tube steps and light bar, Fitch Fuel, Flexalite fan, Unichip, URD cai, TRD supercharger, URD y-pipe, Banks monster cat back, debadged, projection head lighs, LED tail lights and a loud stereo, Stainless Steel Brake Lines front and rear, Doug Thorley long tube headers, Walboro 255 fuel pump, KC rock guards on my Pro Comp 8" lights
    Happy I could help:D

Products Discussed in

To Top