Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

taco growl

Old 06-09-2010, 08:57 PM   #1
17hmrtaco is on a distinguished road
Name: jake
17hmrtaco's Tacoma Gallery
taco growl

does anyone know of any good exaust systems for a 03 4 door taco that wont brake the bank but will sound really good
Old 06-09-2010, 09:04 PM   #2
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Trd
Old 06-10-2010, 06:22 AM   #3
lazaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedlazaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedlazaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedlazaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedlazaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedlazaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedlazaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedlazaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedlazaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedlazaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedlazaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garry
lazaro's Tacoma Gallery
17 hmr,

I would suggest reading/listening the sound compilation thread. That is where I started. Still we are here to help you out brother.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/per...on-thread.html

Theres a lot of good folks who have posted the exhaust sound on their truck. Next is you tube got a lot of videos about this. I know some may not be of good quality but some are very decent.

Assuming you have done all of the above, the bottom line is it will e you who will determine the best sound in your own hearing perception. A lot of us here will have different opinion on the best and bestest.

Personally I got a 5X8X18 magnaflow OC 2.5 pipes. Just the muffler welded in replacement of the OEM. Nice sound at start up, not raspy. deep and throaty. Step on the gas and it growls. No perceptable drone at cruising speed (55 to 65 mph) becomes more pronounced at 70 mph and beyond. I am happy with it but it cost me $ 245 otd from midas, they supplied the muffler.

Now a couple of weeks ago there was group buy for Bear River Converters selling Wickedflow Exhaust system. I got to be honest I was floored by the quality of sound this things make. I think they got the whole deal at $ 75 to your door. (Bear River converters are good people to deal with.) Have a local muff shop weld it for you ( 50 to 90 bucks) and you got a good straight flow designed muff that will rival any name brand performance muffs out there.

http://www.bearriverconverters.com/

I have to confess I bought one and it arrived yesterday. Maybe just maybe I will find time to change my Magnaflow to WICKED FLOW
Keep looking and I wish you get a good exhaust that will do justice to these wonderful tacomas. Good luck brother.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:28 AM   #4
Banned
ShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Forward Observer
Name: Casey
ShaShasBoo's Tacoma Gallery
lazaro, maybe when you put your wicked flow on, he would be interested in your magnaflo.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:34 AM   #5
hheil001 is on a distinguished road
Army: 2nd batallion, 30th infantry regiment, 10th mountain division
Name: hunter
hheil001's Tacoma Gallery
spin tech... loud at high rpm's and fairly quiet at cruising rpm's. i love mine and it was about $160 with shipping and everything
Old 06-10-2010, 07:08 AM   #7
lazaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedlazaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedlazaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedlazaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedlazaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedlazaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedlazaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedlazaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedlazaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedlazaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedlazaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garry
lazaro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaShasBoo View Post
lazaro, maybe when you put your wicked flow on, he would be interested in your magnaflo.
That is a possibility. Hmmm...

Here are some pics of the Wicked Flow. I wish I could get under the truck now to get the pics of the Magnaflow installed. I have to take care of my baby girl today. LOL, this sir is my day off.

It is the Max 13SC250.
This is my favorite clip. Guy is cool and funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pLBrIK6428