Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Double cab Longbed 4x4, gas mileage?

Old 06-16-2010, 09:13 AM   #1
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Double cab Longbed 4x4, gas mileage?

Just wondering what others are? Mines been hovering around 16/17 mpg pretty consistently, so im wondering if theres any longbeds that are doing more.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:24 AM   #2
Professional Amateur
JDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
JDMcompliant's Tacoma Gallery
I was getting 19-20 consistently...after I got my lift on and some 33's on, I'm getting about 16-17
Old 06-16-2010, 09:25 AM   #4
I'm Not Your F***ing Brother
Paul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Paul's TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Nah, not really, I'm getting about the same. I did do a trip of about 225 miles one way and probably was getting closer to 20mpg, but normally i think max is about 18mpg.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:10 PM   #5
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMcompliant View Post
I was getting 19-20 consistently...after I got my lift on and some 33's on, I'm getting about 16-17
did you have any mods that helped get 19/20?
because if your getting 16/17 with 33's and Im on stock, i feel like im on the low end.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:27 PM   #6
Professional Amateur
JDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkie View Post
did you have any mods that helped get 19/20?
because if your getting 16/17 with 33's and Im on stock, i feel like im on the low end.
yeah, I got a folding tonneau. they claim that helps with mileage because it prevents airflow from getting stuck in the bed. and this is true, i saw an increase in mileage after putting on the tonneau.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:44 PM   #7
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMcompliant View Post
yeah, I got a folding tonneau. they claim that helps with mileage because it prevents airflow from getting stuck in the bed. and this is true, i saw an increase in mileage after putting on the tonneau.
okay nice.... i guess i know what ill have to keep an eye out for now.
Did you do mostly highway driving?
Old 06-16-2010, 02:45 PM   #8
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
ohh and waht tonneau did you get exactly?

Thanks in advance
Old 06-30-2010, 12:21 PM   #10
What would Scooby do?
travelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
travelingman's Tacoma Gallery
I'm getting 20-21 on the hwy and 16-17 in town with 265/75/16's
Old 06-30-2010, 12:28 PM   #11
Professional Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkie View Post
ohh and waht tonneau did you get exactly?

Thanks in advance
sorry man, didn't realize i didn't reply to this. yeah, i do about 80% highway driving. i have a soft trifold tonneau.