Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

supercharger power ban

Old 06-18-2010, 10:52 AM   #1
straightaxle is on a distinguished road

Name: Jordan
straightaxle's Tacoma Gallery
supercharger power ban

hey guys, i started to think about it today while driving home and my supercharger has a very weird power ban, it really doesnt feel like it kicks in all the way till almost 5000 rpms in second gear, when it throws you back into the seat.it has the stock fuel system and pulley. So i dont think that this is normal bc superchargers should be smooth power all the way through the ban, what do you guys think?
Old 06-18-2010, 10:58 AM   #2
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GotLift37's Tacoma Gallery
put it on the dyno.. the butt dyno is no good
Old 06-18-2010, 11:06 AM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I didnt know they had a "Power BAN"......
Old 06-18-2010, 11:12 AM   #4
81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
i thought this was going to be a political thread about Cali banning superchargers

but if you are worried about the power band you will want to get a tuner to tune it using a dyno.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:20 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I didnt know they had a "Power BAN"......
sorry spelling was never my forte in school.... but before a tune, has anyone else had this high of rmp before it kicked in
Old 06-20-2010, 12:11 PM   #6
xsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: AL
xsvtoyz's Tacoma Gallery
yes the s/c has some what of a power band because of the vacuum operated valve. unhook the valve and it becomes much more linear but eats gas likes its cheap. I love driving with the valve unhooked! my 4 banger literally smokes em from a dead stop even with a stock auto slushbox and 32 inch.tires.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:03 PM   #7
Hacksaw engineer
Trapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud of

Trapper6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Do the normal check. Look at you air filter and check your plugs. They can tell you a lot. You may be starving for fuel. And it would be nice to know your AFR.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsvtoyz View Post
yes the s/c has some what of a power band because of the vacuum operated valve. unhook the valve and it becomes much more linear but eats gas likes its cheap. I love driving with the valve unhooked! my 4 banger literally smokes em from a dead stop even with a stock auto slushbox and 32 inch.tires.
what valve? are you talking about something on intake tube?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper6speed View Post
Do the normal check. Look at you air filter and check your plugs. They can tell you a lot. You may be starving for fuel. And it would be nice to know your AFR.
I dont know what AFR is.