Notices

Doug Thorley Long Tube Header

Old 06-21-2010, 10:34 AM   #1
TMASS has a spectacular aura aboutTMASS has a spectacular aura about

Navy: Prior 2nd Class Petty Office(EO2) with the Navy Seabee's
Name: T-MASS
TMASS's Tacoma Gallery
Doug Thorley Long Tube Header

Ok, so here's my question: I have a 2008 4x4 Tacoma(Manual 6speed V6 4.0L) and I am wanting to put Doug Thorley's Long Tube Headers on. I realize that the Long Tube bypasses/replaces the catalytic converters which will make my truck not street legal. I'm not too worried about this due to me being a disabled veteran who has permanent disabled plates(I never have to renew my tags nor go through DEQ as long as I live in Oregon). So, that's not the issue. I'm just wanting to know what else I will have to do to my truck so it doesn't trip my check engine light.. Do I need a new O2 sensor? Or, do I just simply bolt on the new headers and leave it alone??? Any advice is much appreciated.

~TMASS

p.s. In addition, this truck is not my primary source of transportation.. I'm not trying to go out of my way to break any laws. I just want the most performance for what I do on a regular basis(Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Wheeling, etc..)
Old 06-21-2010, 10:46 AM   #2
TRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
TRDguyKC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMASS View Post
Ok, so here's my question: I have a 2008 4x4 Tacoma(Manual 6speed V6 4.0L) and I am wanting to put Doug Thorley's Long Tube Headers on. I realize that the Long Tube bypasses/replaces the catalytic converters which will make my truck not street legal. I'm not too worried about this due to me being a disabled veteran who has permanent disabled plates(I never have to renew my tags nor go through DEQ as long as I live in Oregon). So, that's not the issue. I'm just wanting to know what else I will have to do to my truck so it doesn't trip my check engine light.. Do I need a new O2 sensor? Or, do I just simply bolt on the new headers and leave it alone??? Any advice is much appreciated.

~TMASS

p.s. In addition, this truck is not my primary source of transportation.. I'm not trying to go out of my way to break any laws. I just want the most performance for what I do on a regular basis(Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Wheeling, etc..)

The Longtubes will trip the CEL. To get around this you need to purchase an O2 simulator. You can get one here:

http://www.urdusa.com/index.php?cPat...0kclmbosujlni7
Old 06-21-2010, 10:46 AM   #3
outlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FO on the OP
Name: Brandon
outlaw7's Tacoma Gallery
you will need the 02 sims that gadget at urd sells i would go through him for both your headers and o2 sims.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:59 AM   #4

TMASS's Tacoma Gallery
Right on! Thank you. This is probably another stupid question, but, is there a noticeable difference in performance? Or is it something that I would have to get dynoed to tell? I have the TRD CAI and Cat back exhaust to help with the flow..
Old 06-21-2010, 11:02 AM   #5
TRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
TRDguyKC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Right on! Thank you. This is probably another stupid question, but, is there a noticeable difference in performance? Or is it something that I would have to get dynoed to tell? I have the TRD CAI and Cat back exhaust to help with the flow..

you should notice a difference, but to get the full potential you may want to dyno tune it.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:05 AM   #6

TMASS's Tacoma Gallery
What does dyno tuning do exactly? (Sorry, I'm a noob/FNG)
Old 07-20-2010, 11:50 PM   #8
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
I love my DTLT but the only thing with the o2 Sims is i couldnt figure out where to put them. it didnt come with the Instructions. The performance increase was pretty nice IMO.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:59 PM   #9
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
you wont regret the dtlt headers, i have them along with a base map maf calibrator from URD and it sounds nice and pulls nice
Old 07-21-2010, 04:29 AM   #10
el tráfico más lento se queda derecha
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
you wont regret the dtlt headers, i have them along with a base map maf calibrator from URD and it sounds nice and pulls nice
I'm assuming you still pass smog tests even with the forward cats removed?
Old 07-22-2010, 12:16 PM   #11

TMASS's Tacoma Gallery
Passing smog test is not an issue for me since I don't ever have to go through DEQ. I'll be ripping any emissions I can to improve my performance.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:18 PM   #12
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SManZ View Post
I'm assuming you still pass smog tests even with the forward cats removed?
I dont think I do, then again im registered in Tucson, AZ so they are more lenient than CA. If not, i still have my stock manifolds so i'll jus throw those back on for the test
Old 03-05-2012, 08:39 AM   #13
Beaver Believer
tencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 4th BCT 25th ID Airborne
Name: Wes
tencrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm in the EXACT same situation, and I just wanted to chime in and reassure people that the search function does in fact work. Thanks again TW.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:35 AM   #14
O.F.
bb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: JFK Center, Fort Bragg, NC
bb609's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tencrawler View Post
I'm in the EXACT same situation, and I just wanted to chime in and reassure people that the search function does in fact work. Thanks again TW.
Link us up! I would run them but need to pass yearly inspection. Do the O2 sims beat the inspection computer?
Old 03-05-2012, 11:07 AM   #16
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody6047 View Post
I love my DTLT but the only thing with the o2 Sims is i couldnt figure out where to put them. it didnt come with the Instructions. The performance increase was pretty nice IMO.
Did you get the plug and play O2 sim? If so, it plugs into each of the rear two sensors. The front two before the cats, are WRAF sensors. The ones after the cats, are the O2 sensors.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:33 AM   #18
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
OP, there is a group buy for these right now in the making and URD is looking like it might be the vendor again. Just a heads up so you can save a few bucks hopefully.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:04 AM   #19
O.F.
bb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: JFK Center, Fort Bragg, NC
bb609's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
Yes they do, rear O2 sensors read the same voltages as before the swap for me
Thanks!