1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

6spd upgrade???

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by 375taco, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Jun 23, 2010 at 10:26 PM
    375taco

375taco [OP] controlled pair?

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 DC SB
    OME lift w/ 1" spacer. Built Right UCA's. Tinted all the way around. De-badged. Trimming up front
    I have been reading that the 6speed trans has had issues with the TOB and other issues. I do not know if Toyota has fixed this issue, however I was wondering if anyone has took it upon their self to upgrade their transmission and have not had any issues. I have a 2010 6spd waiting at the dealer. and I am debating if I should get an Auto...Upgrade? Thanks

2. Jun 23, 2010 at 10:46 PM
    roxspin72

roxspin72 Enjoying my addiction

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    Speedway Blue, TRD, 4X4,
    Oh Yeah!!!
    You have 3 choices:

1) Get an auto

2) If you must have a 6 speed, get the PDM kit installed imediately. I just had a brand new trans installed just before I deployed. I will be installing the PDM, plus upgraded clutch and flywheel, should be good to go once done. My chirp did not begin til about 8000 mile on the ODO...

3) T56 trans swap, but will cost you some money. Search for T56 on www.xr-underground.com and you will have some good reading to do.

Personally, I love the 6 spd. chirping noise was only issue. With the PDM kit and upgraded C & FW, I believe I will be smiling all over again:D

3. Jun 24, 2010 at 10:02 AM
    375taco

375taco [OP] controlled pair?

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 DC SB
    OME lift w/ 1" spacer. Built Right UCA's. Tinted all the way around. De-badged. Trimming up front
    i appreciate your info. I read through the 6spd thread that is 10 pages long that you were involved in. That is why i am wondering. I will look into it. Thanks

Products Discussed in

To Top