Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Flowmaster 40, 44 question

Old 06-25-2010, 09:22 AM   #1
TacticalTaco is on a distinguished road
TacticalTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Flowmaster 40, 44 question

So I'm thinking of swapping out my stock muffler for a Flowmaster 40 Series or a Super 44. Just how loud are these mufflers, it's hard to get a sense of it from Youtube ? Are they loud all the time or just when you step on it ? I do a lot of hunting and I'm worried I'll scare everything away If you're driving along in first or second gear at low RPM how much louder than stock are these two mufflers ? Also will I get the neighbours up if I come home late ? Basically I want my truck to sound more throaty, but I don't want to be a public menace
Old 06-25-2010, 09:33 AM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I got the Flowmaster 50 series American Thunder and I just love it!! Its very deep and not to loud at all!! But it does sound pretty mean when you punch on the gas!!!
Old 06-25-2010, 09:33 AM   #3
Local Man
bigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bigburrito's Tacoma Gallery
super 44 here. starting off the line is somewhat loud, stepping on the gas is somewhat loud, cruising is decently quiet around 60-70mph(on par with tire noise-duratracs). idle is quiet.

by somewhat loud i mean you can hear it, it sounds good, but wont piss off your neighbors or make you lose your fillings. just a nice throaty rumble.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:41 AM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigburrito View Post
super 44 here. starting off the line is somewhat loud, stepping on the gas is somewhat loud, cruising is decently quiet around 60-70mph(on par with tire noise-duratracs). idle is quiet.

by somewhat loud i mean you can hear it, it sounds good, but wont piss off your neighbors or make you lose your fillings. just a nice throaty rumble.
I've read on here you may lose some HP by swapping out the stock muffler, is there any truth to that ?
Old 06-25-2010, 10:44 AM   #5
jodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonah
jodiddly33's Tacoma Gallery
Yea that is true for SOME mufflers. If you go with a dynomax superturbo, you will gain HP
Old 06-25-2010, 10:54 AM   #6
#Murphy is a splendid one to behold#Murphy is a splendid one to behold#Murphy is a splendid one to behold#Murphy is a splendid one to behold#Murphy is a splendid one to behold#Murphy is a splendid one to behold#Murphy is a splendid one to behold#Murphy is a splendid one to behold

Name: Nick
#Murphy's Tacoma Gallery
go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxfrfHqrt3g 5:15. these are the 40 series
Old 06-25-2010, 10:59 AM   #7
#Murphy is a splendid one to behold#Murphy is a splendid one to behold#Murphy is a splendid one to behold#Murphy is a splendid one to behold#Murphy is a splendid one to behold#Murphy is a splendid one to behold#Murphy is a splendid one to behold#Murphy is a splendid one to behold

Name: Nick
#Murphy's Tacoma Gallery
Oh and its a great throaty sound not to loud but loud enough so you hear it while driving
Old 06-25-2010, 04:08 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by #Murphy View Post
Oh and its a great throaty sound not to loud but loud enough so you hear it while driving
That Youtube video sounds pretty sweet. I think I'm going to go with The super 44 but Midas has no record of aSuper 44 for a Tacoma and neither does Lordco ? Does anyone who has one have the part no. ?
Old 06-25-2010, 09:10 PM   #10
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiikeyD View Post
Mine is pretty loud, its a modified super 44 though. sounds like i have a v8
Care to shed some light on the modification of the muffler?
Old 06-28-2010, 12:58 PM   #11
Local Man
bigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalTaco View Post
That Youtube video sounds pretty sweet. I think I'm going to go with The super 44 but Midas has no record of aSuper 44 for a Tacoma and neither does Lordco ? Does anyone who has one have the part no. ?

2.5 in/ 2.5 out. center/center. dont know the part # but midas should be able to look it up by size. its not tacoma specific, just your standard sized muffler. fits many diff vehicles
Old 06-28-2010, 01:00 PM   #12
Local Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalTaco View Post
I've read on here you may lose some HP by swapping out the stock muffler, is there any truth to that ?
never dynoed it, but i cant tell any change in power either up or down. the difference will be insignificant.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:02 PM   #13
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
i got the 40 series delta flow. love em. they are kinda loud though, which is what i was looking for.