1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Performance......but how?

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by tigerfan4me, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Oct 22, 2010 at 1:23 AM
    tigerfan4me

tigerfan4me [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Larsson
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5. 2.4 liter
    Ok so I am new to the forum but not new to tacos. I have had my truck since it's birth in 03 and since then I have been trying to find ways to really make it mine....with little luck. I have always prefered performance over looks which is where i get stuck. I have an 03 xtra cab SR5 2.4 liter base model with a manual tranny. Where there are many different this to do to this truck visually, I have had a very difficult time finding things for my truck that will boost performance mechanically. I know, it being a truck, its never gonna be any kind of racecar but I would like a little something under the hood that others may not expect. I guess, after all this rambling, my main question is where can i go to find performance parts that will fit this truck? Or are there other threads that I may be pointed towards from people who have asked the same question. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks:D

2. Oct 22, 2010 at 6:51 AM
    cinch

cinch Member Extraordinaire

Member:
    First Name:
    Al
    Boulder Creek Ca
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner double cab
    I don't think you're gonna find much. It's pretty well known (on the 6 cylinders anyway, and I would bet it's the same on the 4's) that the truck is pretty much set up for the max and the only thing that will give it a real boost is a turbocharger or supercharger.

Products Discussed in

To Top