1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

C.a.i.

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by branct06, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Aug 3, 2008 at 8:21 PM
    branct06

branct06 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    norcross Ga. and High Point Nc.
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 black sr5 long bed trd sport
    super 40 flowmaster turned down before rear axle, k&n intake, ipod interface, 20% 3m tint all the way around, grill craft mx series grill with 2 hella 500 behind the grill, 2 55 watt halogens mounted on uws black low profile toolbox, 3'' toytec ultimate lift kit sitting on black xd monsters and 285/65/18 BFG A/T, HID headlight kit
    I have a k&n CAI and i was thinking about changing it to the urd CAI, is this worth doing? also with the urd unit it says their maf calibration system helps a lot with performance is this true? if so by how much

2. Aug 3, 2008 at 10:40 PM
    jguinn2005

jguinn2005 Active Member

Member:
    Harrisonburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    2008 SR5 TRD Off-Road Blacked Out
    I emailed URD about a descrepency on their website, which they cleared up and also asked them about the MAF Calibrator, here is what they sent me:

"The URD MAF Sensor Calibrator is not required for the intake. Our intake works perfectly without it unlike many other intakes on the market, ours does not induce any MAF sensor error.

You will get better performance and gain with it and we have a special program just for our intake."

So all in all, if you're just looking for the intake or are working on a budget the CAI by itself should work just fine, it appears that the Calibrator will just enhace its performance, and that of other mods, if any, that you have done.

3. Aug 3, 2008 at 10:46 PM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    The thing about the urd intake is that its right behind the grill and well when it rains or you get in a water puddle of some kind you suck in the water and well it just sucks alot of people dont like it because of that issue.

Products Discussed in

To Top