1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Muffler

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by raswank, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Dec 10, 2010 at 5:23 AM
    raswank

raswank [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Auburn,Ma
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 6 speed
    Grillcraft, Rear leaf TSB, 5100's at .85, with Eibachs, 265/70/17 BF Goodrich AT/S Tires, Hella 500's behind Grill, Kenwood KDC X995 H/U all Boston Acoustic speakers, JL Audio subs, Kenwood XR5 S amp, ATX Chrome 17x8 wheels
    Just want to add a new muffler and keep all other pipes. Want some throatiness. A little growl. Recommendations please. 4.0 6 speed

2. Dec 10, 2010 at 5:31 AM
    Bobo_1

Bobo_1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobo
    Maryville, TN
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport L-Bed
    You can spend all day on this one. And search is your friend here as this is a FAQ. If you are all stock on the exhaust then the Flowmaster Series 50 is a good choice as is a Manaflow and many others.

I have had the American Thunder Flowmaster exhaust that uses the Series 50 muffler and it had a great low throaty sound. This was with the stock setup and then LT headers. Then I went to the DT y-pipe and it was awful sounding and I had to yank it. I put on the Banks Monster and it sounds the best, IMHO.

The take away is that as soon as you change something else the sound you had could be no more.

3. Dec 10, 2010 at 5:33 AM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yeah this has been covered a million times and it really depends on what YOU think sounds good. Check out youtube for sound clips, and if possible, stop by a meet to hear some different exhausts in person.

Products Discussed in

To Top