Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Performance and Tuning (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/performance-tuning/)
-   -   URD True Cold Air Intake on 2.7L??? (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/performance-tuning/1347-urd-true-cold-air-intake-2-7l.html)

007Tacoma 04-26-2007 08:31 AM

URD True Cold Air Intake on 2.7L???
 
Prelude: I was going to respond to another thread, talking to pb2themax and then decided that this needed to be it's own thread. The quote's below should catch-you-up. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by surfponto (Post 6471)
Hi All,
I am in the final stages of my dual battery install for our FJ Cruiser. :D

Once it is finished I will move onto the Tacoma and do the same mod.
We like to camp and having an auxillary battery isolated from the starting battery is good insurance. I mostly will use if for running our 12-Volt Engel Fridge but eventually will wire offroad lights to the second fuse box.

My question is has anyone done this with their Tacoma and if so where did you mount the second battery?

If you want to check out my install you can see it here.
Happy Friday everyone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by surfponto (Post 9894)
I am hoping next month to get this started. I may go with a cheaper kit like the Painless kit but I am looking into it.
Will make sure to post plenty of pictures.:)

Bob

Quote:

Originally Posted by pb2themax (Post 9895)
If you get the URD intake then you'll open up some good space on the passengers side for a battery.

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/4...aust009xm7.jpg


OKAY! Now I am really curious...

pb2themax, are you aware that surfponto and I both drive 2.7Ls? IF that is the case, here is my real set of questions:

1) Can you install the URD "True CAI" on a 2.7L 2nd Gen Tacoma?

2) What do you do about rain with your TCAI?

3) How is your fuel economy effected by the TCAI?

pb2themax 04-26-2007 10:20 AM

Oh, I forgot about the 4 cylinders. :o

No, I don't think this intake will work on those.

Rain and water is not a problem, or even a slight issue. Just don't drive through 4 foot deep water.

Not sure about MPG. With my recent engine mods It's hard to keep control of my right foot lately. ;)

I'll let ya know once I go on a long road trip.

TRDeity 04-26-2007 11:40 AM

I'm still confused :confused: , how can rain not be a problem with that intake? There is nothing to stop rain from getting to it when driving unlike most other CAI that put the filter in the fender. I can't imagine that the grill stops all the rain from getting to the filter.

007Tacoma 04-26-2007 11:52 AM

OK - I will definitely be using URD for any upgrades I do!!!

I wrote them an email asking about a TCAI on a 2.7L, and I got a call within 30 MINUTES FROM THE OWNER!!! :D

He said that while the TCAI is not yet made for the 2.7L, that the Mass Calibrator is the easiest way to get 9-10 "to-the-road" HP without effecting the MPG negatively! He said that in the next couple of weeks they will be offering a package of the Mass Calibrator with an Air/Fuel Monitor. I am saving my pennies as we speak! ;)

URD has GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

surfponto 04-26-2007 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007Tacoma (Post 9918)
OK - I will definitely be using URD for any upgrades I do!!!

I wrote them an email asking about a TCAI on a 2.7L, and I got a call within 30 MINUTES FROM THE OWNER!!! :D

He said that while the TCAI is not yet made for the 2.7L, that the Mass Calibrator is the easiest way to get 9-10 "to-the-road" HP without effecting the MPG negatively! He said that in the next couple of weeks they will be offering a package of the Mass Calibrator with an Air/Fuel Monitor. I am saving my pennies as we speak! ;)

URD has GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Great thanks for that :-)

pb2themax 04-26-2007 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRDeity (Post 9917)
I'm still confused :confused: , how can rain not be a problem with that intake? There is nothing to stop rain from getting to it when driving unlike most other CAI that put the filter in the fender. I can't imagine that the grill stops all the rain from getting to the filter.

It just doesn't. I've drove through plenty of hard rain.

If you're worried about it you can use a K&N DryCharger filter cover. It's a water resistent fabric filter cover that's made for JetSkis.

007Tacoma 04-27-2007 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pb2themax (Post 9948)
If you're worried about it you can use a K&N DryCharger filter cover. It's a water resistent fabric filter cover that's made for JetSkis.

Good info! Thanks! :D


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:25 AM.