Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Performance and Tuning (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/performance-tuning/)
-   -   APR 4.0 Fuel Rail Upgrade Kit (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/performance-tuning/212495-apr-4-0-fuel-rail-upgrade-kit.html)

Torspd 03-30-2012 11:14 AM

APR 4.0 Fuel Rail Upgrade Kit

Here are the stats from APR, for their fuel rail.

APR 4.0L Toyota Fuel Rails
APR Fuel Rail kits are high-performance fuel delivery system that is designed to properly
supply the additional fuel needed for high boost/performance applications. The kit can be
ordered in various stages from rails only to a fully assembled set of rails with a high flow
adjustable regulator that will support our massive 386L in-tank fuel pump.
These kits are direct bolt-on replacements of factory fuel rails, complete kits include all
stainless steel braded hoses and AN factory style quick disconnects for quick and easy
installation. Utilizes the factory fuel dampener to prevent unwanted pulsation pressures,
there are two 1/8 female pipe taps for pressure transducers, gauges or additional fueling
devices. APR Fuel Rails are machined out of aluminum and are hard black anodized for
protection.
The 4.0L fuel rails are offered in 5 different configurations:

1) $389 Fuel Rails Only includes all mounting hardware and four -6AN rail end fittings

2) $569 Complete Fuel Rails less regulator includes all parts needed to assemble and install (less regulator)

3) $689 Complete Fuel Rails includes regulator and everything needed to assemble and install

4) $749 Assembled Fuel Rails - SS hoses are cut and assembled, includes regulator and everything needed to install

5) $928 Assembled Fuel Rails and 386L pump

Torspd 03-30-2012 11:27 AM

I will be getting mine next week. WOOT!

toon714 03-30-2012 09:17 PM

get me one! ;)

S7ICKlVlAN 03-30-2012 11:41 PM

Work of art.....

Toons, that signature rocks BTW.

whippersnapper02 03-30-2012 11:55 PM

Looks good. I wish I had a need for it.

Torspd 03-31-2012 01:43 PM

Get boost, and make a reason! :D

whippersnapper02 03-31-2012 01:45 PM

Eh maybe one day. I would rather put money into a car.

Torspd 03-31-2012 01:46 PM

Put it on the car. Win win!

whippersnapper02 03-31-2012 01:47 PM

Can't exactly put a fuel system for a 6 cylinder on a V8 engine.:D

Torspd 03-31-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kidd (Post 4833360)
Work of art.....

I need to meet that chick! :D.

Torspd 03-31-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 (Post 4834870)
Can't exactly put a fuel system for a 6 cylinder on a V8 engine.:D

I see the problem. I have a strong feeling that there is one on the market already for what you have then. ;)

toon714 04-01-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kidd (Post 4833360)
Work of art.....

hahaha. ya thats the best sig i got. :p

Torspd 04-04-2012 03:55 PM

Ordered mine today. Should have it sometime next week. Woot!

ModernPopeye 04-08-2012 06:38 PM

School me please

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torspd (Post 4859920)
Ordered mine today. Should have it sometime next week. Woot!

I've bought the TRD Supercharger for my 12 (awaiting fit kit & other parts) and I'm pretty sure I'll be going with the UCON EMS. That being said what's the difference from this kit and the URD fuel pump upgrade "kit". Pro's and con's of this as opposed to the URD one. Thanks for your insight.

whippersnapper02 04-08-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModernPopeye (Post 4883777)
I've bought the TRD Supercharger for my 12 (awaiting fit kit & other parts) and I'm pretty sure I'll be going with the UCON EMS. That being said what's the difference from this kit and the URD fuel pump upgrade "kit". Pro's and con's of this as opposed to the URD one. Thanks for your insight.

As far as I know the fuel pump upgrade is what it says, a higher flow fuel pump.

This is a fuel rail and injector upgrade.

Torspd 04-09-2012 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModernPopeye (Post 4883777)

The fuel pump kit from URD is the Walbro 255lph fuel pump, and external fuel filter.
It is not the Walbro 255 HP (High pressure), which can handle larger increased fuel pressures. It is to quite simply supply the extra fueling needed when adding boost, due to the fact that the factory fuel pump will cause a high rpm lean condition. One, due to it being small, and two, because the factory fuel system is not one that increases. It is always static.
It is also a great upgrade for when your factory fuel filter gets clogged, and it needs to be replaced. Spend ~$500 at the dealer, or $150 for the URD kit.

The APR fuel rail is for those that either really want it, and or are pushing their limits of the factory fuel system. It is larger, so it has more volume.
Factory injectors, as well as aftermarket injectors will work with it the same. It was CNC'd specifically for the 1GR engine. It uses the factory fuel damper, to prevent fuel oscillations.
The pump that you can get with the kit, or separately through them, is one that can handle rising fuel pressures. And it is even much larger than the Walbro 255, so it can supply a much greater volume of fuel. The 1:1 risinig fuel pressure regulator means that as you increase in each psi of boost, then so will your fuel pressure by the same psi. Higher psi means that your fuel atomizes better, as well as increases the "effective flow rate" of the Injector you have. Meaning that it becomes a larger Injector as the fuel pressure increases.

So the fuel rail kit, is a performance upgrade to the fueling system at the front end of the vehicle, minus external filter(which yiu can easily add in), and the URD upgrade kit is for improving the factory pump/filter at a very reasonable cost, while also making you safe for boost.

The Walbro in the URD kit will start fluctuating at 12+ psi increased fuel pressure over stock, of our 43.5 psi. Tested and datalogged by me. The 385 is a high pressure unit meant to handle high fuel pressures, and will not have that problem.

One other note, I do not know of what the factory fuel rail is designed to handle, as far as psi. Not telling when it could pop at increased pressures.

I hope all of that helps. If there are more questions, I will do my best to answer.

ModernPopeye 04-10-2012 07:52 AM

EXACTLY!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torspd (Post 4885934)
The fuel pump kit from URD is the Walbro 255lph fuel pump, and external fuel filter.
It is not the Walbro 255 HP (High pressure), which can handle larger increased fuel pressures. It is to quite simply supply the extra fueling needed when adding boost, due to the fact that the factory fuel pump will cause a high rpm lean condition. One, due to it being small, and two, because the factory fuel system is not one that increases. It is always static.
It is also a great upgrade for when your factory fuel filter gets clogged, and it needs to be replaced. Spend ~$500 at the dealer, or $150 for the URD kit.

The APR fuel rail is for those that either really want it, and or are pushing their limits of the factory fuel system. It is larger, so it has more volume.
Factory injectors, as well as aftermarket injectors will work with it the same. It was CNC'd specifically for the 1GR engine. It uses the factory fuel damper, to prevent fuel oscillations.
The pump that you can get with the kit, or separately through them, is one that can handle rising fuel pressures. And it is even much larger than the Walbro 255, so it can supply a much greater volume of fuel. The 1:1 risinig fuel pressure regulator means that as you increase in each psi of boost, then so will your fuel pressure by the same psi. Higher psi means that your fuel atomizes better, as well as increases the "effective flow rate" of the Injector you have. Meaning that it becomes a larger Injector as the fuel pressure increases.

So the fuel rail kit, is a performance upgrade to the fueling system at the front end of the vehicle, minus external filter(which yiu can easily add in), and the URD upgrade kit is for improving the factory pump/filter at a very reasonable cost, while also making you safe for boost.

The Walbro in the URD kit will start fluctuating at 12+ psi increased fuel pressure over stock, of our 43.5 psi. Tested and datalogged by me. The 385 is a high pressure unit meant to handle high fuel pressures, and will not have that problem.

One other note, I do not know of what the factory fuel rail is designed to handle, as far as psi. Not telling when it could pop at increased pressures.

I hope all of that helps. If there are more questions, I will do my best to answer.

Thank you very much Torspd ! That's exactly what I was looking for. It's nice to have someone that shares their experience and knowledge on here. Rep sent!

Torspd 04-10-2012 10:32 AM

You are very welcome my friend. :thumbsup:

That is what these forums are for though right? ;)

Lucario Runner 04-10-2012 11:07 PM

I'm getting mine very soon as well as ID 1000 injectors. I'll more than likely upgrade the pump down the road. :D

ModernPopeye 04-24-2012 04:52 AM

True Story

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torspd (Post 4892973)
You are very welcome my friend. :thumbsup:

That is what these forums are for though right? ;)

A little late for my response time, eh? You're exactly right. If you need to know anything about a PWC,ATV, or motorcycle let me know lol.