1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Performance Head Ideas?

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by Yotacoma92, May 19, 2012.

1. May 19, 2012 at 10:03 PM
    Yotacoma92

Yotacoma92 [OP] TacoLover

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    lima, ohio
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    Westin brush guard, smitty built nerf bars, roll bar, K&N air filter, Helo 17" Rims with 285-65-17 BFG KM2's, OME 2in lift springs, 0-2.5 lift Bilstein 5100 struts, OME 3in lift leaf springs, 5125 bilstein rear shocks, Projector HID headlights, Blacked corner lamps.
    Im rebuilding my 3.4 out of my 99 tacoma, im looking for some aftermarket heads and possibly some mild cams. anyone know of a good website to look at?

2. May 21, 2012 at 8:03 AM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] Haltech Elite 2500 [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 160* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Walbro 460 LPH E85 Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []
  3. Jun 10, 2012 at 12:20 AM
    ratboy85

ratboy85 Well-Known Member

Member:
    im looking for the same thing. LCE i believe they are mostly 4 bangers than v6 im gonna scope the site

4. Jun 11, 2012 at 2:12 PM
    Speed Freek

Speed Freek Tacoma Whisperer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vista, Ca, Lake Havasu, Az.
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma V8 (LS1) swap
    LS1-T56 swap, Z06 ported heads, cam, Titanium valves, Kevlar clutch. Now building a forged stroker (383) and all the ponies! Old setup was rod-knockin on heaven's door...
    LCE can port and polish them, but you can find any local "good" shop to do the same and make sure they have a flowbench to equalize the ports.

You can also get cams.

But the best mod is forced induction!!!!

DOing heads and all that other stuff will not net much power compared to what your going to spend.

Thats why I did the LS1/T56 mod, the only 1st gen done in the US (and proably the planet) I do performance work for a living and the only real way to take advantage of porting is to increase RPM and to do so effectively will require upgraded cams with a higher RPM window and an upgraded valve spring set with Ti retainers.
    And most of all, the tuning in order to get everything to work together properly.

Good luck and if you have questions go ahead and PM me.

Products Discussed in

To Top