1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The Str8 Sht on Exhaust

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by tacomafide, May 26, 2012.

1. May 26, 2012 at 9:14 PM
    tacomafide

tacomafide [OP] Cheese it in there!

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    '10 DCLB TRD Sport+Leather Pkg.
    de-badged, de-stickered, no jewlery, level kit (removed after second front dif), tint, skid plate (now dented), front tow hook off of Land Cruzer, reciever d hook (cleavis), yellow wire mod, abs kill sw. mod, window visors, stubby antena, anytime reverse lights mod, anytime reverse camera mod, blizzacks on stealies, bed lights mod, weathertec mats allround,
    Looking at other members list of mods many have exhaust. I have frigged with after market exhaust on nearly every vehicle I've owned. I like the sound. I've never done a V6. Only V8's. ( in fact I used to tease buds with exhaust on a V6)

Looked at banks monster exhaust talking bout 211% better flow from muffler alone. Ooooweeeee

Is there any valid reason why they are engineered the way they are from the factory?

Cost saving? Maybe.
    Emission control? Most likely
    Sound should be quiet? K.

Can't they achieve most of these things without hurting power? Specially in north America's " HP rules " type consumer.

Is there something to do with the engine performing it's best, or for the longest or something like that, that would make them decide on the exhaust that it comes with from the factory?

I can't say for sure but I'd bet these are very smart ppl. Toyota ( and everybody else) has been building engines for a while now. Prolly know what they're doing.

What the hell?

2. May 26, 2012 at 9:19 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Federal noise limitations.

And everyone ignores it, nobody enforces federal laws.
    States have various standards that may be less strict than federal law, and even then, enforcement often depends on whether the nut holding the wheel passes the attitude emissions test.

3. May 26, 2012 at 9:26 PM
    tacomafide

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    de-badged, de-stickered, no jewlery, level kit (removed after second front dif), tint, skid plate (now dented), front tow hook off of Land Cruzer, reciever d hook (cleavis), yellow wire mod, abs kill sw. mod, window visors, stubby antena, anytime reverse lights mod, anytime reverse camera mod, blizzacks on stealies, bed lights mod, weathertec mats allround,
    Hmm

Yours was why I looked at banks and started wondering about the whole thing.

4. May 26, 2012 at 11:05 PM
    tacomafide

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    Well put!

Products Discussed in

To Top