1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ATTENTION ALL GEAR HEADS!

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by TMASS, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Jun 20, 2012 at 2:57 PM
    TMASS

TMASS [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    T-MASS
    OREGON
    Vehicle:
    2008 4X4 TOYOTA TACOMA
    I'll update soon
    Ok Gentleman,

I'll get straight to the point. I have a 2008 4.0l V6 six speed manual Tacoma. I'm currently running 33" Duratracs with a 3" Icon lift. I also have CBI's Bushmaster 2.0 rear bumper with the swing away tire carrier and jerry can holder(Two cans). I also have CBI's Bolt on Rock Sliders. Both rock sliders together weigh about 80lbs. The bumper with the tire and two full jerry cans weighs close to 200lbs. I've been running with this setup for almost a year now and I haven't noticed too much lag or drop in power. The reason for this email is because I'm about to add a front plate bumper w/winch that will weigh close to 200lbs as well(Which will be a total of almost 500lbs extra.)

My question is will I need to change my gearing? I'm currently running with the 4.11 Ring & Pinion setup. Will I need to move to the 4.56 or 4.88? Any information will be greatly appriciated.

p.s. I recently had a local dealership replace my throw out bearing under warranty. Makes me wonder if all this extra weight helped speed up the process.

2. Jun 20, 2012 at 3:09 PM
    Spoonman

Spoonman Granite Guru

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Alberta
    If you tow...maybe. I've got 3.73s and 35s. I don't find it too bad other than horrible milsge.

Products Discussed in

To Top