1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

"Performance Injectors"

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by jryan, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Jul 14, 2012 at 11:32 PM
    jryan

jryan [OP] Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off-Rd Dbl Cab 4X4
    K&N CAI, JBA Cat-Back Exhaust
    Could someone tell me the fuel LBs/hr and pressure on standard set of injectors. Is there any available on the aftermarket at a higher rate?

2. Jul 15, 2012 at 3:16 PM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] Haltech Elite 2500 [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 160* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Walbro 460 LPH E85 Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []
    I cannot remember exactly the size of the OEM injectors, on the 1GR. They Are around 330 ccm. If someone knows the exact size, please add. I am pretty sure that they are within the range of 31-35 lb/hr injectors.

To find the size of an injector, if it is classified as CCM, divide by 10.5. If LB/HR, multiply by 10.5.

Which engine do you have?

If you look on the page which whippersnapper posted for RC Engineering, you will find a great fuel/injector sizing calculator.

Our fuel pressure is static at ~43.5psi.

Depending on the quality of injectors you want, there are a large variety available. For Toyotas you need HIGH IMPEDANCE injectors.

I ran some from www.RCeng.com at one time.

I ran some from www.urdusa.com a little later.

Currently I run these:http://www.dezod.com/pd-injector-dynamics-fuel-injectors.cfm

^^^ Those are the best brand/style of injectors available to the public. That is not solely my opinion, but the consensus from tuners world wide.

Now, my next question is, what are your goals, and necessities?

3. Jul 15, 2012 at 5:30 PM
    jryan

jryan [OP] Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the info, i'm working on my '12 4.0 Ltr. What I'm looking at doing is increasing HP by adjusting the fuel supply and then Air/Fuel ratio with mapping tuner. Hope that this will give me approx. 20-30 BHP, and 30-50 FtLb torque. This way I can pull High Altitude, Alpine Loop and High Mountain Passes, some are 13,000 ft Elevation. Bythe the way I live in SW Colorado, 7500' El. Could anyone give more insight?

4. Jul 15, 2012 at 5:32 PM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] Haltech Elite 2500 [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 160* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Walbro 460 LPH E85 Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []
    Which tuner are you using to adjust your AFR map?

5. Jul 15, 2012 at 5:50 PM
    jryan

jryan [OP] Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    At this time I'm open to suggestions, I looked at a couple off Brands, seems that you get what you pay for? I've looked at Uni-Chip, EDGE-not sure if this works with Toyota.

6. Jul 15, 2012 at 6:18 PM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Edge does not. When I get a bit more time, I can go a little more in-depth for you.

7. Jul 15, 2012 at 6:31 PM
    jryan

jryan [OP] Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for your time. Just to let you know I'm just getting started

8. Jul 15, 2012 at 6:31 PM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Here is a link to get the gears turning. :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX1xIvOWcNk

And a little more to go with the vid...

In the days of old with speed density tuning and even carburation, it was much more prevalent in areas on high elevation. There was no feed-back from sensors to maintain optimum fuel ratios.

Enter the MAF sensor, and WRAF sensors, which offer closed loop tuning (feed-back), and the ability due to changes in altitude, to maintain optimum fuel ratios.

Keeping closed loop tuning in mind, the "optimum" AFR, is 14.7 for gasoline while cruising and light throttle, but the tuning is still left to the factory unless you have your own device. So it can still be to "Their optimum". And trust, when a vehicle goes into Open Loop, it is a defined set of parameters which is a "best case scenario for all environments, tune. No matter low or high altitude.

So, all that in mind, if a person has the right know-how, and can tune with closed-loop and open-loop to make refinements over factory inefficiencies, as well with more efficient injectors(ones like Injector Dynamics which have a far superior atomization/spray pattern) then more power can be found, as well as more MPG.

The proper EMS, the proper tune on the EMS, and the proper injectors can give you both.

9. Jul 15, 2012 at 7:06 PM
    jryan

jryan [OP] Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    In your earlier post you said that Toyota need "HIGH IMPEDANCE ". What OMHs should I be looking at or is it just Voltage? Also is there an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator, preferablly adjustable available and from whom?

10. Jul 15, 2012 at 7:13 PM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Basically any Injector that is either 1: Already designated for the 1gr. As in the ones on Dezod's or URD's websites. 2: Any that say High Impedance, if from non designated websites.

11. Jul 15, 2012 at 7:17 PM
    subwayaz

subwayaz Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tucson,Az
    Vehicle:
    2012 Accesscab; TRD
    Super Charger, Catback Exhaust,Side Wind Shades, & Carbon Fiber Dash Kit
    Some neat info there thanks for sharing your knowledge

12. Jul 15, 2012 at 7:19 PM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    That's what this place is for right? ;)

Products Discussed in

To Top