1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

looking into doing an exhaust on my 2012 4.0

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by lpfm1990, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Apr 4, 2013 at 9:38 PM
    lpfm1990

lpfm1990 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Newfane NY
    Vehicle:
    13 tundra dbl cab rock warrior
    trd duals
    like the title says, looking into possibly doing an exhaust on my 2012 off road dcsb, have an idea in my head on how i want it, and maybe i can get some guidence on it, would like to get more bark out of it, too damn quiet, its a truck, not a sewing machine!!!, i live in ny if it helps, first, read something about loosing 2 of the 4 cats, would that 1, void the warrenty, 2 still pass ny inspection if you know by any chance??? second, is it possible without too much $$$ or hassle, to do a dual outlet (one on pass side, one on driver side by the flaps), third, which muffler is stainless (i live in a ny, so salt in the winter would kill reg steel) and still has a nice rumble, and barks when at around 2500-3k and up, fourth, if i do a dual outlet, would it be better to have each bank have its own muffler (true duals i believe my supervisor calls that), or have a y pipe on each side of the muffler and only run one muffler... any other ideas, please let me know!

2. Apr 4, 2013 at 9:59 PM
    lpfm1990

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Newfane NY
    Vehicle:
    trd duals
  3. Apr 8, 2013 at 5:06 PM
    SoCalTacos

SoCalTacos Turd runner

Member:
    socal
    Vehicle:
    2017 4Runner TRD Pro
    Led head/dtr lights.
    hey brian....your best bet for performance, in my opinion, would be the urd mk exhaust. a bit pricier, but you get what you pay for. 3" tubing, single out. you could match it up with their y pipe as well.
    i just ordered their intake, long tube headers, y pipe and maf cal. i dont want my truck to be too loud so ill install these then choose an exhaust or just a muffler.
    check em out @ urdusa.com.
    hope it helps.

4. Apr 8, 2013 at 6:37 PM
    yota243

yota243 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    E.J.
    north Alabama
    Vehicle:
    turbo 05 prerunner trd off road DC
    Bw s256 turbo with 3 in glass pack dumped pre axle raptor liner bed and top rails and fenderflares and rocker panels. Hunter side steps. Plasti-dipped upper fenders and emblems. satin black spray paint here and there inside and out. 5100's set to 1.75" up front . C channel front bumper. Maxxis bighorn 255/85/16
    Ur truck will run like Crap with actually true duels without an h pipe or x pipe cuz Ur back pressure will be different in each bank. There are several systems catback one in two out for our trucks and then u can get the muffler shop to delete the resonator on each side in front if the y pipe, not the cats the front two are cats the back two are resonators. And that would be easiest, cheapest, best for sound and performance combination imho

5. Apr 8, 2013 at 10:47 PM
    steezinstangl

steezinstangl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Elk Grove, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 FJ Cruiser
    Dynomax catback. Deep rumble. No rasp. Cheapest full catback too. I love mine. Check out summit.

6. Apr 9, 2013 at 6:34 AM
    lpfm1990

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Newfane NY
    Vehicle:
    trd duals
    Ok. Thanks for the input guys. Lots of good info there, thanks!

7. Apr 9, 2013 at 6:35 AM
    lpfm1990

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Newfane NY
    Vehicle:
    trd duals
    Also on that dyno max, does that keep both cats/resonator, or does that loose the resonator?

8. Apr 10, 2013 at 9:18 AM
    yota243

yota243 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    E.J.
    north Alabama
    Vehicle:
    turbo 05 prerunner trd off road DC
    Bw s256 turbo with 3 in glass pack dumped pre axle raptor liner bed and top rails and fenderflares and rocker panels. Hunter side steps. Plasti-dipped upper fenders and emblems. satin black spray paint here and there inside and out. 5100's set to 1.75" up front . C channel front bumper. Maxxis bighorn 255/85/16
    A cat back will just bolt up to your current y pipe with the exception of hanger for duels, Ur resonators are between Ur y pipe and cats and won't be touched unless u tell the shop to removed

Products Discussed in

To Top