Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Performance and Tuning (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/performance-tuning/)
-   -   Stock pullys vs after market (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/performance-tuning/274561-stock-pullys-vs-after-market.html)

JOE619 04-23-2013 08:54 AM

Stock pullys vs after market
 
I was thinking about doing minor up grade on My truck I have a 4.0 2006 TRD off road and was thinking of replaceing the pulleys to some after market ones. Would I get any preformance gains ? I'm not supercharging it

Torspd 04-23-2013 10:54 AM

Not sure of any company besides www.nonstoptuning.com that makes light weight pulleys.

That is if they still carry them for the Toyota.

JOE619 04-23-2013 11:59 AM

Ok thanks I wa s just wondering I just wanted tocknow because I wanted to try and pully a little more poneys with out brakeing the bank

Justus 04-23-2013 12:02 PM

Slow connection here at friends shop.......

Does unorthodox racing have pullies for us?

Torspd 04-23-2013 04:56 PM

I honestly don't know if they do or not. Years ago was the last time that I looked because NST was making them. I will check.

EDIT*** They do not.

JOE619 04-23-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torspd (Post 6786712)
I honestly don't know if they do or not. Years ago was the last time that I looked because NST was making them. I will check.

EDIT*** They do not.

Because when people SC there tacoma the change the pullys some times for preformance. Ane I just though if you changed them you would get some type of gains ill call a dyno shop tomorrow and ind out and ill up date the info I have

Torspd 04-23-2013 06:52 PM

Changing the S/C pulley will net you gains. Changing to lighter accessory pulleys will net you gains.

You said in your first post that you weren't going to supercharge it though. Which are you after?

JOE619 04-23-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torspd (Post 6787408)
Changing the S/C pulley will net you gains. Changing to lighter accessory pulleys will net you gains.

You said in your first post that you weren't going to supercharge it though. Which are you after?

No I'm not its to expinsive I was just looking for a different way to increases preformance

Justus 04-23-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOE619 (Post 6788278)
No I'm not its to expinsive I was just looking for a different way to increases preformance

Headers, maf calibrator?

Trd stickers are worth 5hp each also :D

BradyT88 04-23-2013 10:15 PM

I don't think the lighter pulleys net you many ponies, but throttle response goes up a lot. I've been wanting to do them.

Krazie Sj 04-24-2013 07:57 AM

I've been after light weight pulleys for a while too, but NST has been out of stock each time I check. It sucks balls.

Torspd 04-24-2013 08:02 AM

They pretty much pulled out of the Tacoma market. Lots of talk of wants from people, but never enough purchases.

They were also a vendor on a tiny forum, and not this one. Which would play a part in the lack of awareness of their products.

Ostrichsak 04-24-2013 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torspd (Post 6789689)
They pretty much pulled out of the Tacoma market. Lots of talk of wants from people, but never enough purchases.

They were also a vendor on a tiny forum, and not this one. Which would play a part in the lack of awareness of their products.

If you can't market a product to one of the largest aftermarket/truck demographics in the world and make a profit then the problem isn't the buyers. You know how many Tacomas are on the road and how many of them are modified? It's an aftermarket product company's wet dream if you have a good product at a good price.

The ONLY pulley I would change for performance gains is my supercharger pulley. The rest isn't worth the headache/price/effort and I've tried this first hand on numerous vehicles over the years.

thairannosaurus 04-24-2013 08:17 AM

are you guys sure? i just bought a lightweight pulley from NST about... 3 or 4 months ago? unless they decided to pull them recently. as for gains, you wont be smoking cobras anytime soon but my butt dyno "feels" like it gets going faster than before; however much water that statement holds for you.

Torspd 04-24-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ostrichsak (Post 6789738)
If you can't market a product to one of the largest aftermarket/truck demographics in the world and make a profit then the problem isn't the buyers. You know how many Tacomas are on the road and how many of them are modified? It's an aftermarket product company's wet dream if you have a good product at a good price.

The ONLY pulley I would change for performance gains is my supercharger pulley. The rest isn't worth the headache/price/effort and I've tried this first hand on numerous vehicles over the years.

This is true. Not sure why they never started an account here. As this is the largest forum. An overlooked resource.

The pulleys have been dyno'd. There are gains had. Not as much as say headers, but there. Also a noticed shorter time to redline. On the manual trans.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thairannosaurus (Post 6789748)
are you guys sure? i just bought a lightweight pulley from NST about... 3 or 4 months ago? unless they decided to pull them recently. as for gains, you wont be smoking cobras anytime soon but my butt dyno "feels" like it gets going faster than before; however much water that statement holds for you.

NST had a final sale around that time. To move inventory.

Krazie Sj 04-24-2013 08:40 AM

Fack. Anyone else making pulleys for our trucks?

JOE619 04-24-2013 05:30 PM

Can you use the URD pulleys ?

BradyT88 04-24-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOE619 (Post 6792734)
Can you use the URD pulleys ?

URD only makes pulleys for the TRD S/C not the crank, water pump, and alt on our motors.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:51 PM.