Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Performance and Tuning (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/performance-tuning/)
-   -   Anyone have a snout cutter tool to sell? (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/performance-tuning/278114-anyone-have-snout-cutter-tool-sell.html)

bass mechanic 05-16-2013 01:20 PM

Anyone have a snout cutter tool to sell?

as the title says, does anyone have a used snout cutter tool they want to sell? I have a hard time justifying the cost for something ill use 1 time.

ToyotaTacoma4Ever 05-16-2013 01:32 PM

I've got one but I've still gotta figure out how to use the cutter!? lol

bass mechanic 05-16-2013 08:54 PM

well if you figure it out, get yours done let me know and maybe we can work out a fair price for you and me if your willing to part with it.

ToyotaTacoma4Ever 05-16-2013 09:03 PM

Well hopefully next weekend il get around installing the pulley, and sure il sure we could arrange something

ToyotaTacoma4Ever 06-02-2013 11:50 AM

You still interested for the snout cutter?? I'm all done using it

Tsabetsaye 03-10-2014 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToyotaTacoma4Ever (Post 6972760)
You still interested for the snout cutter?? I'm all done using it

I'm interested in buying it...

LuckyCharms 03-10-2014 12:19 AM

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ut-cutter.html

bass mechanic 03-10-2014 07:30 AM

i still have one i bought from the guy here and i never used it, i ended up buying a 2014 GMC sierra 6.2L
so if your interested shoot me a PM and you can paypal me 50.00 ill ship it for free if your in the US

Tsabetsaye 03-10-2014 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bass mechanic (Post 8329263)
i still have one i bought from the guy here and i never used it, i ended up buying a 2014 GMC sierra 6.2L
so if your interested shoot me a PM and you can paypal me 50.00 ill ship it for free if your in the US

I'll buy your snout cutter. --sending PM

ToyotaTacoma4Ever 03-11-2014 10:44 AM

Lol you never used it bass mechanic!? oh well at least it's getting passed on to someone who needs it

bass mechanic 03-11-2014 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToyotaTacoma4Ever (Post 8335065)
Lol you never used it bass mechanic!? oh well at least it's getting passed on to someone who needs it

yea i guess i never could bring myself to giving up the warranty over a few HP or the worries that come with it in case something breaks.

but in addition to that, i just decided i needed an upgrade and if your going to spend almost 50g's on a truck might as well get the biggest engine they offer!
i have to say the sierra is significantly faster than the boosted taco.
some reports are already saying they get better than 14.5 sec 1/4 mile times.

the only thing i don't like about the sierra is the larger size its a little harder to park, and the lights suck but other than that it smokes the tacoma in pretty much every other area i can think of.

TRON 03-11-2014 10:14 PM

Smokes a supercharged tacoma:rolleyes:
Regardless, we should meet up sometime when the weather is good... Like to see that 6.2 liter:D

ToyotaTacoma4Ever 03-12-2014 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bass mechanic (Post 8337885)
yea i guess i never could bring myself to giving up the warranty over a few HP or the worries that come with it in case something breaks.

but in addition to that, i just decided i needed an upgrade and if your going to spend almost 50g's on a truck might as well get the biggest engine they offer!
i have to say the sierra is significantly faster than the boosted taco.
some reports are already saying they get better than 14.5 sec 1/4 mile times.

the only thing i don't like about the sierra is the larger size its a little harder to park, and the lights suck but other than that it smokes the tacoma in pretty much every other area i can think of.

I'd like to see how much it "smokes" the Tacoma because I know my taco can take just about any stock full size truck

I agree with TRON lol

bass mechanic 03-12-2014 07:59 AM

lol ok, ok i should state ANY TRD EQUIPPED TACOMA that retains the factory drive train warranty!

but for the record, if i really wanted to lingenfelter performance engineering has a kit for my truck that will boost the power to 560 HP and 530 TQ their 5.3L SC package already ran a 13.9 sec 1/4 with just over 400 hp to the wheel!

now having said that, I've already seen 2 people that ran 14.7 secs with the 5.3L totally stock. given the fact the 6.2L has more then 100 horses and 150 tq i am confident the 6.2l should run below 14.6 sec 1/2

here is a video and an unscientific demonstration of the 0-60 performance of a totally stock truck. you can just imagine the difference with a boosted truck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=QsfG6UtH2N0

BTW with my stopwatch on this video i got 5.5 secs (crude measurement, but close!) also forgot to mention, you can see this driver shift it to 4wd before the launch, i can tell you personally in 2wd mode even at my altitude 6500 feet i can lay about 50 feet of skid marks with BOTH tires (has limited slip rear end) if i just floor it from a dead stop.

can you make a tacoma faster? i am sure you can! but if you roll up on one of those new 6.2l (which are quite rare) don't be surprised if you end up with a view of their tailgate!