1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

URD CAI

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by YoDuh, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Jul 11, 2013 at 8:02 PM
    YoDuh

YoDuh [OP] Don't raise your voice, improve your arguments.

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Gulf Coast, MS
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM Sport DCSB 4x4
    Black Aries steps, WeatherTech DigiFit, Truxedo LoPro Tonneau, Pop&Loc, 265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers, 17x9 XD Machete's.
    I've got the URD CAI installed 6 months ago and it rained really hard today while I was on the interstate. Any chance of the CAI taking in any water since it is right there behind the grill catching alot of water. It started to kind of act funny and not rumble as much as it normally did after the hard rain. Maybe I just need to clean it? Inspect the filter?

2. Jul 12, 2013 at 12:43 AM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    not so low, not so slow 2006 6 lug
    stockish
    Get the injen splash shield from urd at the least..... Worst case get the hydrophobic sock. That one will cause some performance loss so I only ran it when it was storming out. The splash shield doesn't have any negative effect and I ran it at all times.

Till u get those, try to not to get on the gas too hard in the rain or it seems to pull water droplets off of the filter element and when they hit the heat element on the maf sensor it will make the engine stumble.

Passing a rig can be a pita without the shield or sock.... The amount of water big trucks throw to the left and right rear corners can be surprising and may cause the filter to be soaked without the splash shield or sock.

The 05 through 10 guys shared the same grille and didn't seem to have any issues in rain unless they had a mesh grille. 2011 and up have different designs tho, and I dunno how well they protect the element.

3. Jul 12, 2013 at 12:46 AM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    stockish
    Double check the maf sensor connection too and make sure its tight.... It should click into place.

4. Jul 12, 2013 at 10:02 AM
    YoDuh

YoDuh [OP] Don't raise your voice, improve your arguments.

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Gulf Coast, MS
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM Sport DCSB 4x4
    Black Aries steps, WeatherTech DigiFit, Truxedo LoPro Tonneau, Pop&Loc, 265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers, 17x9 XD Machete's.
    Yeah I have the hydrophobic sock on it since I've bought it. So I may look at big the shield. Any extra hardware or space that'll I have to do to install?

5. Jul 12, 2013 at 10:20 AM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    stockish
    it doesnt take up much room at all.

take filter off, slide hose clamp over the splash shield, then slide that over the air filter so the hoseclamp end up on the rubber part of the air filter (just like it was before), then slide entire assembly onto the intake tube until the air filter bottoms out SOFTLY, do not force the air filter on and try and make it fit futher onto the intakes tube.

Gadget had Amsoil make these filters with a standoff inside, because people used to bottom out the fitlers as far as possible and it was causing problems.

seat the filter within reason.

tighten hose clamp (I suggest you make the screw of the hose clamp face UP, so its easy to tighten and loosen.

Drive :cool:

Products Discussed in

To Top