1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

P0300, P0100, P0102, P0103 CODES

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by andrew7940, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Mar 13, 2014 at 5:40 AM
    andrew7940

andrew7940 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Lousiville, KY & Charleston, WV
    Vehicle:
    06 DB CAB TRD Sport 6speed
    Kenwood DNX 573s, ICON lift kit with Dakars,
    So after owning my truck for several years now I'm finally getting around to lifting it. Well shortly after I purchased the lift kit I started having issues. Last week I had an error code for a camshaft sensor that once I cleared it never came back on. However, I started to look at other error codes in the readiness dtc portion on the OBDII scanner I was using. At the time there were about 20 different codes under the readiness category to include the ones at the top. none of them have produced a check engine light at this time. I took my truck in saturday for the 120k service to include front and rear diff service. Two days later I had some rubbing/ grinding noise coming from the front of my truck. took it in and all they did was replace the diff fluid now it's fine? So today for shits and giggles I decided to re-scan my truck to see if there were any readiness codes registering and I recieved those four. I'm researching what they are but I was wondering if I should be worried about them since there is no check engine light? Also, if they could be the cause as to why my gas mileage isn't doing so hot right now? any advice would be greatly appreciated. I know I've posted on here a lot in the last couple days, but I'm honestly not that great when it comes to working/fixing my truck which is why I always take it to the dealer. I appreciate all the help.

2. Mar 13, 2014 at 8:48 AM
    RacecarGuy

RacecarGuy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB OR
    Pelfreybilt front and rear HC bumper w/swingout, BAMF LCA Skids, BAMF Diff skid, Pelfreybilt IFS and Trans skid, RCI gas tank skid, Bronze SCS F-5's, Icon RR's ext travel, Dakar leafs, Archive Garage shackle flip
    Not sure whats included in the 120k service but if they changed your spark plugs, Id make sure everything is plugged in tight and sitting right. Find it odd that two days later you got misfires.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  3. Mar 13, 2014 at 9:28 AM
    andrew7940

andrew7940 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Lousiville, KY & Charleston, WV
    Vehicle:
    06 DB CAB TRD Sport 6speed
    Kenwood DNX 573s, ICON lift kit with Dakars,
    Thanks for the information. As for the questions, yea I had some issues with them replacing the gear oil and calling it good. they said there were no shavings or anything and the diffs looked good but for there to be a grinding makes me wonder. I know there were no issues the day of or after the service but monday evening when I got back to my apartment the noise was very noticeable so I took it immediately in to the dealer. they couldn't find anything wrong with it that night and supposedly checked the diffs and they were both full(I know I should have probably gone back there and looked myself). I took it back in the next day and they were not able to locate any issues when they put the truck on a lift. However, they could hear the grinding noise and worked on the truck checking the bearings and everything else but couldn't find any issues they said. So they replaced the diff fluid and it didn't recreate the noise. SO far I haven't heard the noise again either but I am concerned since it seems like they didn't do something right the first time around. as a result I will no longer be going back to that dealer. I never had any issues with them until this last visit. Once again thanks for the advice. I'll keep looking into the codes, they aren't producing a check engine light but they were in the readiness dtc bank on the scanner.

4. Mar 15, 2014 at 7:01 AM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] Haltech Elite 2500 [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 160* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Walbro 460 LPH E85 Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []
    If they haven't produced a Check Engine light, and you have driven more than 50 miles, since you looked up those pending codes, you're truck is fine.

Only recommendations I offer you is you swap out your fuel pump for an Dezod or URD fuel pump. Primarily because you will get a new filter, due to your high mileage. One that can easily be changed, since it will be external instead of internal. Costs about a 4th of an OEM unit.

Products Discussed in

To Top