1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

borla exhaust

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by hardin083, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Jun 1, 2009 at 5:34 PM
    hardin083

hardin083 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner SR5
    MODS: 3" EZ lift with 1.5" rear blocks,blacked out emblems,belt chime mod,20%tint job,driveline vibration TSB done,harsh ride TSB,285/75/16 nitto terra grapplers,EGR in channel window visors/future mods:seat covers, blacked out rims.
    i know a gut who sold his tacoma and has a borla exhaust he said he would sell me for 250$ for my 08 4.0 d-cab.. does 250$ sound like a good price? he ran it for 6 months before selling his truck. he said it was bought from toyota for the truck, and it doesn't have duels

2. Jun 1, 2009 at 5:36 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    What is it new?

3. Jun 1, 2009 at 5:38 PM
    vtragweed

vtragweed Beef Slut

Member:
    First Name:
    Willie
    VA
    Vehicle:
    08 2.7 SR5 Debadged
    afe pro-dry s filter, LCE headers, painted black steelies,color matched grill surround, URD short shifter, UWS black tool box
    its not bad considering the quality of borla and the cost brand new

4. Jun 1, 2009 at 5:40 PM
    hardin083

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner SR5
    MODS: 3" EZ lift with 1.5" rear blocks,blacked out emblems,belt chime mod,20%tint job,driveline vibration TSB done,harsh ride TSB,285/75/16 nitto terra grapplers,EGR in channel window visors/future mods:seat covers, blacked out rims.
    he ran it for 6 montyhs

5. Jun 1, 2009 at 5:42 PM
    vtragweed

vtragweed Beef Slut

Member:
    First Name:
    Willie
    VA
    Vehicle:
    08 2.7 SR5 Debadged
    afe pro-dry s filter, LCE headers, painted black steelies,color matched grill surround, URD short shifter, UWS black tool box
    if in not mistaking borla uses t304 stainless, how does the surface look, should be really any rust or anything if its 304

6. Jun 2, 2009 at 5:09 AM
    mnerren

mnerren 2006 Tacoma TRD Sport XSP

Member:
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab
    Is it for the entire exhaust system or just the muffler? Borla does use stainless steel. I had the entire exhaust put on, from the cat all the way back. I thought the muffler sounded too raspy for me. I had the muffler removed and another one welded in to replace. If you like the sound 250 is good for the entire system, but for the muffler only that is a little high in my opinion. I would still offer less and see if you can get it. The entire system runs about $575 to $600, here is the details:

Features

• Borla Performance Cat-Back exhaust systems are custom crafted for your specific vehicle
    • Borla Cat-Back systems and mufflers generate maximum exhaust flow and the distinctive Borla Sound of Power
    • Each system is built entirely from aerospace-grade T-304 stainless steel—inside and out
    • Borla's mandrel-bent tubing eliminates excessive back-pressure and provides a smooth exit for spent gasses
    • Free-flowing Borla exhaust systems bolster horsepower and torque and can also increase fuel economy
    • Kits feature Borla's patented multi-core and straight-through muffler designs
    • Your Borla system installs directly to your vehicle's factory-exhaust mounting locations
    • All kits include the required clamps, connectors and hardware—everything you need for a hassle-free installation
    • Every Borla exhaust is extensively tuned and tested to optimize vehicle performance
    • Borla Cat-Backs are street legal in all 50 states and will not void your vehicle's factory warranty
    • Your Cat-Back performance exhaust system is backed by Borla's Million-Mile Warranty
    Description

Bolt up Borla’s Performance Cat-Back exhaust system and take aim for the winner’s circle. Borla equipped racers have earned more victory laps than any other exhaust brand—making Borla the number-one choice for championship racing teams around the globe.

For nearly 30 years Borla’s been perfecting the performance exhaust system. Custom mandrel-bends, 100% stainless-steel construction and patented muffler designs prime your vehicle for full-throttle doses of sound, power and flow.

Precision craftsmanship means each Borla kit easily mounts to the original exhaust locations. Of course, that’s the only thing your new system shares with the factory clunker. Borla performance exhausts use vehicle-specific engineering to deliver maximum performance and an unmistakable tone.

A Borla Cat-Back is the only way to give your ride the Borla Sound of Power and a race-winning performance rush. What’s more, Borla covers your Cat-Back system with an amazing Million-Mile Warranty.

7. Jun 2, 2009 at 5:51 PM
    hardin083

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner SR5
    yeah its the entire catback system!!

8. Jun 2, 2009 at 6:05 PM
    senor taco

senor taco ROLLIN ON RUST

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Vehicle:
    O7 Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    17in fj cruiser wheels satoshi grille with devil horns emblem Single in double out 50 series flowmaster with stainless tips Kenwod ddx512 double din touch screen DVD reciver with a single Rockford fosgate 12 in sub with an alpine amp tinted tail and third break light silverstar head and fog lights k&n drop in Billy 5100's on all 4 corners with a 2"AAL
    Sounds like a good deal to me
    Is it the trd exaust?

9. Jun 2, 2009 at 6:11 PM
    Phantom_X-SP

Phantom_X-SP Rude Boy |><|

Member:
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    08 DC Black Sand Pearl X-SP
    It's a good deal bro. My X-SP package inculdes the Borla cat-back exhaust. You won't regret it :thumbsup:

Products Discussed in

To Top