1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Stock exhaust size anyone?

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by kajun123, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Apr 10, 2008 at 7:18 PM
    kajun123

kajun123 [OP] CHEROKEE

Member:
    houston, texas
    Vehicle:
    2007 4 dr tan 4.0
    stock for now
    I was wondering if anyone would happen to know the in/ out size of the stock exhaust pipe for the 07 tacoma? 4.0 L I am trying to buy a aero turbine exhaust for my truck but i am not sure of the exact size i shoud order...

2. Apr 10, 2008 at 7:31 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    i think its 2.5", but dont quote me on that

3. Apr 11, 2008 at 3:58 AM
    TACOROCK

TACOROCK Well-Known Member

Member:
    FAYETTEVILLE NC
    Vehicle:
    06 TACOMA LIFTED
    URD SUPERCHARGER 80MM PULLEY, DOUG THORLEY LONG TUBE HEADERS, MODIFIED Y-PIPE, TRUE DUAL EXHAUST MAGNAFLOW 2 IN 2 OUT, PRO COMP 6" LIFT, WIDEBAND 02/FUEL SENSOR, AVIC D3, 2 PIONEER SUBS ON A MEMPHIS 1200 WATT AMP RMS, DIY MOD FOR ALL INTERIOR SPEAKERS FULL TINT, LEER CAMPER, EURO LIGHTS, BILLET GRILL, BULL BAR WESTIN RUNNING BARS, AIR HORN, AND A RADIATOR POPPER
    your on it hodge 2.5... but its ghetto 2.5 so its really 2.398" they picked some shitty material into this truck the farther i dive into it...

another thing you should think about is length of the muffler..... the longer the muffler the quieter it will be and obviously the shorter the louder

4. Apr 11, 2008 at 5:05 AM
    Roland

Roland My other ride has sails

Member:
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    06 Impulse Red I4 2WD Access Cab
    UnderCover Tonneau, Bed mat, Bug Deflector, aFe Pro Dry S, Secondary Air Filter removed, Synthetic 5W-30 oil, Scanguage II with blendmount, WeatherTech floorliners, Toyota seat covers, Installed OEM intermittent wipers, TacomaWorld sticker, Defrost without AC mod, Hidden Hitch
    That's something I'll have to remember. I'm not a big fan of loud so if I ever switch to an aftermarket exhaust I'll be looking for the longest high flow part I can find.

My idiot neighbor just put a new exhaust on his dodge. I wouldn't really care but he likes to go out and play with the damned thing at all hours. I can't wait for the day he fulfills his death wish.

note: I didn't get much sleep last night.

Tacotaco08 likes this.
  5. Apr 11, 2008 at 5:32 AM
    Burns

Burns Excellent Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSB Off-Road
    Bilstein 5100's @ 2.0", Wheelers 1.5" AAL, 265/75/16 Firestone Destination AT2's
    I had an 18" magnaflow on my X-Runner and it was pretty damn loud. I am not doing any exhaust on my new truck. :thumbsup:

6. Jun 4, 2008 at 12:23 PM
    Ridingontrd

Ridingontrd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Laughlin,N.V
    Vehicle:
    trd sport 4x4 w/towpkg
    aFe prodry,Dynomax ultra flo ss,Scangauge2,Demello front bumper,BudBuilt skids,sliders(local)AllPro rear bumper,Wet O's cobalt blu,w/halfpiping,TRD logo in gold,R/L hood struts,5150's@10"aal 3 pack,T/C uca,Light racing c/o,1"diff.drop,de-badged,
    What's the stock y-pipe size?? Looking at the urd one,it's listed at 2.25".I'm guessing it matches up to the stock heads.I have the jba catback,2.5".Would these two match up as well?? Thanks for any help on this.

7. Jun 4, 2008 at 2:48 PM
    roxspin72

roxspin72 Enjoying my addiction

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    Speedway Blue, TRD, 4X4,
    Oh Yeah!!!
    Yes, I just installed today. Easy install, fits all stock pipe placments and runs at the stock 2.25, but better flow due to mandrel bent tubing ... If you recall, I was the one that opted to modify stock Y-pipe, by removing rear CATs.

I got to say that the URD Y-pipe is by far the best way to go. I noticed an increase and more pronounced exhaust sound.

More high end accelleration. Lost some torqe probably, but I drive a 6 spd, so I can get up and go at the drop of a shift.

$479.00 is pricey, but this is a quality part that just helped me complete what I believe is the sweetest exhaust system:

JBA Stainless Ceramic Headers-Front Cats-URD Stainless Y-Pipe_Borla Stainless CAT-Back:D:D:D

8. Jun 4, 2008 at 10:27 PM
    Ridingontrd

Ridingontrd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Laughlin,N.V
    Vehicle:
    trd sport 4x4 w/towpkg
    aFe prodry,Dynomax ultra flo ss,Scangauge2,Demello front bumper,BudBuilt skids,sliders(local)AllPro rear bumper,Wet O's cobalt blu,w/halfpiping,TRD logo in gold,R/L hood struts,5150's@10"aal 3 pack,T/C uca,Light racing c/o,1"diff.drop,de-badged,
    Yes, I just installed today. Easy install, fits all stock pipe placments and runs at the stock 2.25, but better flow due to mandrel bent tubing.(( This will bolt up to my jba??))

I got to say that the URD Y-pipe is by far the best way to go. I noticed an increase and more pronounced exhaust sound. (( Droping out my back cats I understand it will be louder.))

More high end accelleration. Lost some torqe probably. ((I'm ok w/probably))

$479.00 is pricey. ((Yeah,It's pricey.I can wait 5 more weeks then order it & the urd maf.)) FTW.:D Thanks for the info Roxspin72.

9. Jun 5, 2008 at 5:26 AM
    roxspin72

roxspin72 Enjoying my addiction

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    Speedway Blue, TRD, 4X4,
    Oh Yeah!!!
    Yes if you welded your cats to the headers like mine are, the flanges match right up.

It's louder, but I guess thats what I like most about this set up. Gets the V8,s to take a second look, LOL.

Well, good luck. Took about a week after ordered to get it. They just came out of production on about the 22nd of May.

Products Discussed in

To Top