1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

So Cal Performance Tuning & Dyno Day

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by WolfeTaco, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Feb 24, 2010 at 7:29 AM
    WolfeTaco

WolfeTaco [OP] Baja Time

Member:
    Ojai, CA
    Vehicle:
    02' PreRunner TRD - Silver
    AFE Cold Air Intake, DTLT Ceramic Headers, Jardine Cat-Back, TRD S/C, URD fuel system upgrades (injectors & pump), URD pulley... soon to be tuned!
    I recently installed the last performance mods that I am going to put on my '02 Taco. Gadget @ underdog recommended a shop in Southern California who could Dyno & tune my truck using any of his tuning products sold on urdusa.com

I spoke to the guy and asked him if he'd be willing to come in on a Saturday for me so I don't have to drop my truck off for a day and make the drive twice. He agreed and proposed that if I could round up a few extra people who might like to get tuning done on the same day he would give a price break. I'm sure even 5 or 10 would be fine but I told him I'd post it up and see how many people might like to sign up for a Dyno Day.

My original estimate to come in by myself on a Saturday was $400. I will be posting more details on the price breaks per number of trucks soon. I do not have a day set yet.

Here is a brief description from the guy who does tuning about what he has to offer for Toyota owners:

What we can do for the toyota truck communtiy is if any ones truck has
    modifications done to them "Supercharger,exhaust, intake, ect" we can put the truck on the dyno and check the truck for power and torque. We can also check the air fuel ratio to make sure the truck is running correctly. We also have the ability to tune many different programmers while on the dyno. The main one that people use is the underdog racing piggyback computer that will allow us to properly tune the vehicle to optumum power and reilablitly. Even if the truck has just a simple intake and exhaust I would recomend one of there MAF calibrators as we have seen as muck as a 12whp and 10lb of torque with using them.

2. Feb 25, 2010 at 7:40 PM
    WolfeTaco

WolfeTaco [OP] Baja Time

Member:
    Ojai, CA
    Vehicle:
    AFE Cold Air Intake, DTLT Ceramic Headers, Jardine Cat-Back, TRD S/C, URD fuel system upgrades (injectors & pump), URD pulley... soon to be tuned!
    **Crickets**

3. Feb 25, 2010 at 7:42 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    sombody jump on this sounds good

4. Feb 27, 2010 at 5:42 PM
    dwntwnall4u

dwntwnall4u Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    san diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 4x4 Dbl cab Auto
    May be interested.

5. Mar 1, 2010 at 9:03 PM
    WolfeTaco

WolfeTaco [OP] Baja Time

Member:
    Ojai, CA
    Vehicle:
    *bump* anybody else....?

6. Mar 1, 2010 at 10:51 PM
    dwntwnall4u

dwntwnall4u Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    san diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 4x4 Dbl cab Auto
    Maybe you should post this on XR-U site. Not many people doing dyno tuning here.

Products Discussed in

To Top